Senior Internal Communications Specialist
- Fairfax, VA, USA
- Required Clearance
- No clearance
- Business Development/Sales/Marketing
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor’s degree in a specialized area; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Internal Communications Specialist. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Develops and executes comprehensive internal communications plans, spanning from short-term tactics to long-term campaigns
- Supports executive leaders to develop engaging employee communications, including employee intranet articles, video scripts, blogs, emails, letters and business announcements
- Works with subject matter experts to develop intranet articles on business and program highlights, people-focused achievements and other important personnel news using Associated Press style
- Generates and analyzes analytics reports for the internal communications team and business leaders
- Works with subject matter experts across the company to product
- Uses Sharepoint as the main employee intranet news vehicle
- Exercises creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance
- Supports and engages in programs, projects and practices behind the General Dynamics Mission Systems culture and strategy, and complies with all policies and procedures
- Position is based in Fairfax, VA and is not considered for telework
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A seasoned, experienced communications professional with a clear understanding of internal employee messaging
- Candidates should demonstrate very strong written and oral communication skills
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects
- Works independently on projects with little direction and assistance; receives general instructions on new assignments
- Works on problems of diverse scope and competing priorities, demonstrating good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Creative energy and fresh perspectives on engaging and communicating with employees
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
- Ability to work independently and to establish a strong working relationship with remote team members, subject matter experts and senior leaders is key
- Grasps and applies new information quickly; handles complex assignments with very little direction
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.