We give our people the chance to give back.
Community engagement is at the core of our mission.
The people of General Dynamics Mission Systems are difference makers,
not just at work but in the communities, we call home.
HOW WE'RE MAKING AN IMPACT.
Our facilities are in compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and we strive to improve environmental quality by minimizing waste and emissions, reusing and recycling, reducing the use of natural resources and promoting pollution prevention efforts throughout the company.
We are active in the communities we call home. A few examples of our commitment in action:
- We sponsor the Kids Children’s Museum in Appleton, Wisconsin.
- We formed a volunteer Clean-up and Restoration Committee in San Diego, California.
- We partner with several programs in Maine to address problems of food insecurity.
- Many of our businesses work with Habitat for Humanity in multiple locations nationwide.
- We support Jill’s House, an organization that celebrates children with special needs.
We believe that investing in the next generation of leaders means investing education. A few ways we’re making a difference:
- In Taunton, Massachusetts, we’ve established a mentoring program to introduce students to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) topics.
- A group of volunteer Mission Systems engineers run the eCrew program in Arizona. In partnership with The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale and with the East Valley Boys & Girls Club (Gilbert), they are introducing middle school students to engineering through a 12-week curriculum with hands-on projects requiring students to build, test and redesign their ideas.
- We run a Women in Defense Scholarship program and sponsor several student-run robotics teams.