Why Work For Us?
Be The Backbone For The Front Lines
If you say “I can do that,” when others don’t speak up.
Then you believe what over 13,000 of us already know.
This country is capable of so much.
And it’s worth protecting.
We are using emerging technology to solve our customers’ toughest challenges and you can help.
Build on The Legacy of Apollo 11
When Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the moon in 1969, an S-Band Transponder built by General Dynamics was the only communications link the Astronauts had to Earth. From Apollo 11 to the Next Giant Leap, explore how we support NASA and how you can impact future space missions as a member of our team.
What sets us apart from everyone else in the defense industry? Check out the top 5 reasons you should join our team:
1. We have a rich history of having the right answer - With over 60 years in the defense industry, General Dynamics is a trusted Fortune 100 company with a strong commitment to excellence.
2. What we do is very cool and also very important - Have the opportunity to work with the newest emerging technologies to solve some of the world's most critical problems.
3. Work with people who are just as passionate as you are - Our employees represent some of the best and brightest in the industry working together to deliver groundbreaking solutions.
4. Make a difference from your first day and don't stop there - As a General Dynamics employee you have both the resources and the support needed to grow your career.
5. Not your average 9 to 5 - We respect our employees need for work/life balance. With flexible schedules and the ability to work remotely you are able to make your schedule suit your personal needs.
Make a Difference with a Career at General Dynamics
When you join General Dynamics, you’ll become part of a world class team that inspires innovation.
Check out this video to learn more about what it means to be the backbone for the front lines.
We are always proud of the employer awards we receive. Some of our recent awards include:
- Forbes Best Employers For Diversity List (Ranked #453 for 2019)
- Forbes Best Employers For New Graduates List (Ranked #160 for 2019)
- Forbes Best Employers By State (Named to 2019 List)
- Fortune 500 (Ranked #92 for 2019)
- Global 500 (Ranked #343 for 2019)
- Most Powerful Women (CEO Ranked #7 for 2019)
- CAREERS & the disABLED (Ranked #47 for 2019)
- Fortune Blue Ribbon List (Named to 2018 List)
Community engagement is at the core of our mission. We are dedicated to supporting our communities and giving back to them in the same way that they give to us. That’s why we are invested in making a special effort to support our veterans, STEM programs and other local initiatives to enhance the communities in which we live and work. We empower our employees to become active members of our communities and sponsor a variety of events throughout the year to support our initiatives.
Meet Our Employees
From senior leadership to entry level, each of our employees make an individual impact on our company. Our employees are technically skilled and passionate people with a commitment to excellence who push the envelope on a daily basis.