WHAT: At the 2018 AUSA Global Force Symposium & Exhibition, General Dynamics will showcase its investments in platform solutions and capabilities built to support the U.S. Army and U.S. allies across all domains. General Dynamics is focused on partnering with the Army to develop innovative solutions that ensure readiness for the future.
WHEN: March 26-28, 2018 | Visit ausameetings.org/globalforce2018 for symposium hours and admissions information.
Von Braun Center, Huntsville, Alabama
Booth 528: General Dynamics Mission Systems and General Dynamics Information Technology
Booth 537: General Dynamics Land Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems: Booth 528
Light Reconnaissance Vehicle: General Dynamics Mission Systems will feature the Light Reconnaissance Vehicle, which incorporates a modular, transferable, plug-and-play approach serving the immediate needs of Infantry Brigade Combat Team scout platoons. It provides EW and counter-EW capability, enhanced line-of-sight and beyond line-of-sight communications, anti-jam GPS and other capabilities in a single platform. At AUSA Global Force, the company is demonstrating these capabilities on a GMV 1.1 vehicle for the light formation. These additional intelligence capabilities are easily added to the existing scout platforms in Armored or Stryker formations to provide the scout, cavalry and maneuver elements significantly greater reach on the battlefield.
Cyber Defense Products: The following products, which protect information and networks against persistent threats and defend assets across all domains, will be on display:
- TACLANE®, the world's most widely deployed Type 1 encryptor, continues to provide high-speed interoperable solutions to protect networks and information. The newest addition is the customizable TACLANE-FLEX (KG-175F), scalable to support 100 Mb/s to 1 Gb/s throughput and advanced features that support additional networking and security capability.
- The next generation of encryptor manager, GEM One, is an enterprise-level remote management solution, enables users to easily configure, monitor and maintain a dispersed network of encryptors.
- The ProtecD@R portfolio of standard and customizable data-at-rest encryption products provide confidence that stored information is protected if lost or stolen.
- Sectéra® vIPer™ Universal Secure Phone is the only NSA-certified VoIP phone that protects information classified Top Secret/SCI and below over commercial wired networks.
TACDS™ is a ruggedized, tactical cross-domain solution certified by the NSA that enables information sharing across different security domains in tactical vehicles. And to meet the demanding size, weight and power needs of dismounted military personnel, it is available in a smaller form factor that weighs just eight ounces.
Vehicle Electronic Architecture: Information on the future of Vehicle Electronic Architecture, including Tactical Networking and Routing, Power and Video Distribution, and Mission Computing and Displays, will be available.
General Dynamics Information Technology: Booth 528
General Dynamics IT will feature training demonstrations and videos that support the U.S. military's requirements including:
- Virtual Reality Training Solutions: Providing immersive virtual reality experiences, General Dynamics IT solutions involve movement through space, identification of discrepancies and provide a realistic sense of scale. The instruction levels range from tutorial, guided practical to assessed maintenance action. These training solutions allow single or multi-person users to have familiarization and procedural applications for pre-flight of a helicopter, equipment readiness, aircraft, vehicle, weapons system maintenance and fire protection and suppression training.
- Training and Operations Demonstrations: General Dynamics IT specializes in modeling, simulation, courseware development and special operations training, including casualty control, maintenance and repair and advanced patient care. The training offers personal interactions for any scenario with the use of natural language processing to make the interactions speech driven. All of the trainings have "immediate action" or quick reaction procedures, which must be carried out without reference to a manual until a condition or equipment casualty is stabilized.
General Dynamics Land Systems: Booth 537
The Stryker Maneuver SHORAD Launcher (MSL): This short-range air defense (SHORAD) solution meets the Army's emerging operational need to counter unmanned aerial systems, rotary wing, fixed wing and cruise missile threats. Dedicated SHORAD capability adds a new operational dimension to the Stryker fleet and provides room for growth. The Stryker MSL utilizes a common Army platform that is cost-effective, highly mobile, survivable, sustainable and transportable.
Land Systems Platform Solutions: Recently demonstrated successes in rapid prototyping include the 30mm Stryker Infantry Carrier – Dragoon and the medium tracked technology demonstrator. At the booth, members of the General Dynamics team will share developments related to Abrams main battle tank modernization and enabling technologies such as robotics and autonomous systems.