Bluefin 1.5 kWh Subsea Battery
The Bluefin 1.5 kWh Subsea Battery is a pressure-tolerant lithium-polymer battery that provides a reliable, high-energy density power solution for underwater systems. The battery electronics include built-in protection, monitoring, power control, and battery conditioning. Leveraging over a decade of battery development and with hundreds of units in the field, the 1.5 kWh Subsea Battery has demonstrated utility across a variety of underwater applications, including:
- Autonomous Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs)
- Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs)
- Submersible Systems
The 1.5 kWh Subsea Battery is designed for direct submergence in water in any orientation, eliminating the need for a pressure vessel.
HIGH ENERGY DENSITY
The lithium-polymer chemistry provides extremely high energy density while still maintaining good cycle life and performance, which are desirable for subsea applications.
The design of the 1.5 kWh Subsea Battery allows a user to quickly replace a discharged battery with a charged one without ever opening a pressure vessel. This enables rapid turnaround of submersible equipment in the field.
With the fully automated charging system, full battery recharge can be accomplished in six hours or less.
- Rechargeable lithium-polymer cells
- Housing is internally pressure-compensated with oil
- Wet-mateable connectors simplify cable management when used with Bluefin junction boxes
- Serial communications
- Safety electronics for monitoring and prevention of over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current and over-temperature conditions
- UN-certified, stainless-steel shipping container included, which allows shipment via any mode (ground, sea or air)
- Charger (with cable)
- Discharger (with cable)
- Multi-Battery Junction Box
- Mating Connector
We also provide Engineering Services for custom battery designs. Please contact us with your specific requirements.
(L x W x H)
|15.1 x 5.2 x 8.2 in
(38.4 x 13.3 x 21 cm)
|Weight (Dry)||31.5 lb (14.3 kg)|
|Depth Rating||6,000 m|
|Voltage (Nominal)||30 V|
|Capacity (Nominal)||48 Ah|
|Cycle Life*||300-500 cycles to better than 80%
depending on actual conditions
|Discharge Current||10 A nominal
30 A maximum
|Discharge Temperature||-20 to 48° C|
|Charge Current||12 A nominal
15 A maximum
|Charge Temperature||0 to 48° C|