FAIRFAX, Va. – General Dynamics Mission Systems has acquired the Electronics and Communications Division of Advatech Pacific that designs and manufactures tactical, cyber-secure and cross-domain products for the U.S. Department of Defense and international military customers. The TACDS™ and CenturionCDS™ products will join the company’s Cyber Security Product line, enhancing General Dynamics’ ability to deliver cyber-secure products that change the way threats are defeated across a diversified global market.
“For more than 50 years, General Dynamics has been at the cutting edge of cyber security and information assurance and the addition of Advatech Pacific’s cross-domain security products will give our customers a more secure and trusted information advantage,” said Chris Marzilli, president of General Dynamics Mission Systems.
TACDS is a ruggedized, tactical cross-domain solution (CDS) certified by the National Security Agency providing much-needed capability and can be found on a variety of armored and ISR platforms operating at the tactical edge. CenturionCDS, a small form factor CDS weighing only eight ounces, is designed for dismounted military personnel.
General Dynamics’ industry-leading family of cyber secure products protect information and networks against persistent threats, defending classified information as it moves throughout cyberspace from missions on land, air, sea and space. General Dynamics’ Cyber Secure Products deliver reliable, innovative and resilient cyber security advantages, including:
- TACLANE®-FLEX encryptors, providing security against insider-focused threats and external cyber-attacks;
- BluAura, for customers’ needing to connect untrusted legacy devices to a trusted network;
- Trusted Network Environment, enabling cross-domain collaboration and secure information sharing;
- Sectéra® vIPer™ Universal Secure Phone for personnel who need to switch from unclassified to classified conversations using one desk top phone; and
- Rugged, Data-at-Rest encryptors to protect classified data stored on unmanned systems.
General Dynamics Mission Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, designs, manufactures and delivers communication and electronic warfare, networked command and control products and systems and trusted operational hardware to customers within the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, federal and civilian agencies, and to international customers.