Provides network flexibility, increased bandwidth efficiency and redundancy.
FAIRFAX, Va. General Dynamics Mission Systems’ new Agile Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) feature provides added capability to TACLANE encryptors by enabling users to simultaneously send and receive Layer 2 and High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptor (HAIPE) traffic. This optional feature adds bandwidth-efficient Layer 2 encryption to Mission Systems’ TACLANE family of HAIPE-compliant encryptors and helps facilitate the flexible deployment of secure networks.
“Today’s networks are more interconnected and missions are more global,” said Mike Tweed-Kent, vice president and general manager of the Cyber and Electronic Warfare Systems line of business for General Dynamics Mission Systems. “Agile VLAN helps TACLANE customers adapt and optimize secure data moving through the enterprise and supports evolving network infrastructures, applications and environments for continued mission success.”
Requiring no infrastructure changes, the Agile VLAN feature adds security Layer 2 encryption capability to the TACLANE, while maintaining security benefits and interoperability with standard HAIPE devices. Once activated, the Agile VLAN upgrade enables the sending and receiving both HAIPE and Layer 2 Ethernet data simultaneously through a single encryptor by using frame encapsulation to encrypt different protocols, such as Internet Protocol (IP), VLAN, Ethernet and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS). This “everything over Ethernet” capability eases network transitions and future migrations.
Agile VLAN helps users:
- Reduce reliance on routers, which lowers equipment costs.
- Eliminate cumbersome routing processes, including Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) tunneling, and simplify logistics and maintenance.
- Improve bandwidth efficiency through multicast and load balancing.
- Support redundancy and failover to keep secure communications up and running in the event of network or equipment failure.
- Prepare for migration to National Security Agency (NSA) Ethernet Security Specification (ESS) for protection of National Security Systems (NSS).
The TACLANE family of encryptors includes:
- TACLANE-10G (KG-175X): The next generation high-speed security solution expanding throughput performance to 10 Gb/s while maintaining security, reliability and ease-of-use.
- TACLANE-1G (KG-175G): Power efficient 1 Gb/s high-speed and cyber defense-capable HAIPE encryptor.
- TACLANE-Micro (KG-175D): The world’s most widely deployed HAIPE encryptor, the TACLANE-Micro is high-speed, compact and mobile.