SATCOM Base Station
Secure Over The Horizon Rescue Communications
The SATCOM Base Station is designed for global, in-theater and on-the-move operations. This Base Station provides secure Over-the-Horizon (OTH) data communications with HOOK2 PRC-112G® and HOOK3 radios. This system is a powerful, global, cost-effective solution that provides assured communications to military, special forces, law enforcement and government agencies. The self-contained SATCOM Base Station is housed in a rugged carrying case, and includes a laptop computer, Base Station Radio, antenna, and cabling.
- Delivered as a self-contained, stand alone SATCOM Base Station - No SIPRNET connection
- “Always-On” and auto-acknowledgement features for instant peace of mind
- Lightweight and rugged, and can be carried by one person
- Network-based architecture supports integration into existing C4 assets to build multi-base station, multi-user communication networks
- CSAR missions can be done faster using the SATCOM Base Station. You can securely talk Over-the-Horizon (OTH) with the HOOK2 PRC-112G® and HOOK3 radios, and quickly extract the location and status of isolated personnel.
- Automatically sends survivors messages to let them know their message has been received. You can also queue and send messages later to avoid “phone tag” with isolated personnel.
- No commercial SATCOM charges — the Base Station uses existing military UHF satellites.
- Quick set-up, portable and can be carried by one person. Housed in a rugged carrying case, set-up and tear-down time is minimal, so you can remain on-the-move.
- Works with existing C4 assets to build multi-base station, multi-user communication networks.
- Estación Base SATCOM [PDF]
- SATCOM Base Station
- Sistema de GPS para Búsqueda y Rescate en Combate HOOK2® [PDF]
- HOOK2® GPS Combat Search and Rescue System Brochure
Available Now via GSA Contract
GSA Order: GS-35F-0060N
Schedule #70 • SIN 132-8
For assistance, please call 1-800-424-0052
We currently offer operation and maintenance training for Combat Search and Rescue radio products at our Scottsdale facility, which is conveniently located seven miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. If you’d prefer for us to come to you, Customer Onsite Training is also available: please contact us for a quote.
- PRC Operation
- Quickdraw Operation
- Programming and Maintenance
- Base Station Operation
- SARSAT Option Training (module added as required)
- SATCOM Option Training (module added as required)
For full syllabus details, please download the HOOK2 Systems Operation Training Outline.
The cost to attend is $2,000 per student, per course. Please contact us if you require a formal quote for training class funding.
A minimum of 8 students must enroll for each training course for the course to take place. General Dynamics Mission Systems reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course due to low enrollment, schedule conflicts, or other reason beyond our control. Changes will be announced a minimum of two weeks prior to the published course date being canceled or changed.