CM-300/350 Air Traffic Control Radios
Air Traffic Control Rackmount Transmitter and Receiver Systems
Air Traffic Control (ATC) radios need to keep pace with the demanding volume of air traffic. Knowing that your ATC radios can perform well in a high stress environment helps to make your job a little less stressful.
- Winner of FAA’s NEXCOM Segment 2 — The CM-300/350 (V2) VHF/UHF radios are the first deployed in the National Airspace System that support VoIP global standards. Standardized radios mean less costs and more flexibility with your radio equipment.
- Remote Maintenance and Monitoring lets you support an almost unlimited number of radios from one location.
- High Reliability - The CM-300 Series radios boast unprecedented Mean-Time-Between-Failure rates, meaning you won’t have to worry about the radio breaking down.
CM-300/350 (V1) VHF & UHF Radios
The General Dynamics family of Air Traffic Control (ATC) rack mounted transmitter and receiver systems are specifically designed to meet the dynamic mission requirements of air traffic control centers, commercial airports, military air stations and range installations. Over 12,000 CM-300 radios have been delivered with a fielded Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of greater than 400,000 hours, assuring long-term cost savings, system interoperability and consistent, long-term performance.
CM-300/350 (V1) VHF Radios
The General Dynamics VHF Digital Radio series delivers more modes; RF power and a broader frequency range in a single rack mount chassis. Advanced modes, legacy AM voice interoperability, and passive cooling facilitate reliable current and next-generation voice and data requirements.
- 25kHz AM and 8.33kHZ AM, upgradeable to ACARS and/or VDL Mode 2
- Meets or exceeds ICAO Annex 10 and ETSI EN 300 676 requirements for 8.33kHz performance
- No receive degraded channels
- Passively cooled transmitter; no fan required
- Demonstrated greater than 400,000 hours fielded Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
CM-300/350 (V1) UHF Radios
- Flexible architecture accommodates both fixed and remote tuned configurations
- Field configurable embedded cavity filters allow use of external filtering or bypassing
- Remote control, monitoring, and maintenance by means of a Maintenance Data Terminal (MDT) using interface software installed on a standard laptop computer
- Passive cooling ensures high reliability operation
- NEXCOM UHF and SPAWAR contracts
CM-300/350 (V2) Software Defined Radios Features
The CM-300/350 Series Version 2 radios are the latest additions to the General Dynamics family of Air Traffic Control (ATC) radios. Based on the FAA NEXCOM Segment 2 radio requirements, these rack mounted transmitter and receiver systems are specifically designed to meet the dynamic mission requirements of air traffic control centers, commercial airports, military air stations and range installations.
- FAA's NEXCOM Segment 2 radios
- IP-based for network connectivity: VOIP, Ethernet
- ETSI standard compliance for international deployments
- Advanced multi-mode capabilities
- Superior performance in congested co-site environments
- Built upon the highly reliable CM Series platform
- Front panel keypad/display facilitates setup and maintenance
- NAS certified
- Now on the U.S. Air Force-AFFSA Approved Product List (APL)
- The preferred replacement solution for the U.S. Air Force Air Traffic Control and Landing Systems (ATCALS) Radio Replacement Program
Note: The CM-300 Series radios have replaced the CM-200/CM-400 radios. For support on CM-200/400 radios, please contact us at ATCinfo@gd-ms.com.
CM-350 (V2) UDX VDX Transceiver Features
Designed for transceiver needs with frequency agile co-site requirements, the new CM350 (V2) UDX and VDX ATC radio options leverage the FAA certified CM300/350 V2 series and build on our reputation for quality and reliability and deliver:
- Embedded Frequency-agile Co-site Filter – Increased RF interference protection without the need for 1 for 1 fixed frequency back-ups – reducing the footprint
- Optional Touch Entry Display Remote Control Unit – Facilitates emergency back-up communication systems
- Software-defined Upgradeability – To meet future standards
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) – Compliance to EUROCAE ED-137 for standard digital audio interfacing and remote connections
- Built-in Test – Comprehensive and rapid equipment status information
- Automatic Switch-over – For back-up power engagement
- Passive Cooling – No fan means less maintenance, quiet and highly reliable operation
- 100% Useable Receive Channels – Ensures reliable reception regardless of frequency assignment
Join Us For Our ATC Radio User Summit!
Please join the General Dynamics Mission Systems' team at our ATC Radio User Summit. This one day event is bringing together our user community to connect, educate and collaborate on the latest CM-300/350 V2 ATC radio features, roadmaps and associated technology and systems. Presentations will be followed by a lab and factory tour.
For more information on the event, and to register please contact us. We look forward to seeing you!
We currently offer operation and maintenance training for our Air Traffic Control radio products at our Scottsdale facility, which is conveniently located seven miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. If you’d prefer for us to come to you, Customer Onsite Training is also available: please contact us for a quote.
- ATC Radio Introduction
- Description and Specifications
- Limited Maintenance
For full syllabus details, please download the CM-300 Radio Training Content Outline [PDF].
Please contact us if you require a formal quote for training class funding.
A minimum of 8 students must enroll for each training course for the course to take place. General Dynamics Mission Systems reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course due to low enrollment, schedule conflicts, or other reason beyond our control. Changes will be announced a minimum of two weeks prior to the published course date being canceled or changed.
- CM-300/350 (V1) UHF ATC Transmitter/Receiver Datasheet [PDF]
- CM-300/350 (V1) VHF ATC Transmitter/Receiver Datasheet [PDF]
- CM-300/350 (V2) VHF/UHF ATC Transmitter/Receiver Datasheet [PDF]
- CM-350 (V2) UDX VDX ATC Transceiver Datasheet [PDF]
- CM-350 (V2) Remote Control Unit (RCU) Datasheet [PDF]
- Simulcast System for Ground to Air Radio Communications [PDF]