PRC-154A Rifleman Radio
This product has been discontinued
General Dynamics Mission Systems is no longer producing the AN/PRC-154A Rifleman radio.
The PRC-154A Rifleman Radio is designed to be carried by leaders needing secret access to platoon, company or other systems operating on the same network. The radio can be used by any squad member on the battlefield, regardless of security clearance.
General Dynamics now offers our new Shadowcat Radio for squad-level communications in contested environments.
Introducing the Shadowcat Radio
Unlike typical large, brick style tactical radios, our new 8 ounce Shadowcat radio is designed for squad-level communications in contested environments.
The radio is easy-to-use and can transmit data, voice and real-time high-def video using advanced RF technology that makes it less susceptible to jamming and interference by adversaries.
The PRC-154A Rifleman Radio provides situational awareness at all levels of the battlefield, allowing voice, data, and GPS information to move seamlessly across the Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW) network. Suitable as a body worn device or with vehicular applications, such as the Sidewinder Vehicle Mount, the Rifleman Radio is the one common thread that ties everyone to the battlefield network.
- Leaders can automatically track and assess riflemen GPS locations and other vital situational information.
- Keeps all levels of the battlefield informed by sending voice, data, and GPS information seamlessly across the Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW) network
- Connects every warfighter to the combat network, emphasizing safety and enabling enhanced SA and better decisions at the very edge of the battlefield
- Secret or Sensitive-but-Unclassified communication for leaders or squad members in a single Non-Cryptographic Controlled Item (non-CCI) radio
- Operates with the PRC-155 2-channel Manpack radios for the ability to route to other systems
- Enough battery life to last an entire mission
PRC-154A Rifleman Radio Datasheet
|Frequency Range||225-450MHz, 1250-1390MHz, 1755-1850MHz|
|Size||< 32 cu. in. with battery and antenna
7.5”h x 2.5”w x 1.7”d
|Communication Range||> 2 km (depending on environment)|
|Transmit Power||Selectable up to 5.0W|
|Weight||1.69 lbs (with battery)
0.95 lbs (without battery)
|Environmental Specifications||Operating Temperature: -40° to +55° C
Storage Temperature: -51° to +71° C
|GPS||Integral GPS and antenna
External SAASM interface
|Programmable Channels||50 presets, 3 talk groups per preset|
|Waveforms/Modes of Operation||Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW), Future Waveforms|
|Interfaces Supported||Standard Headset (H-250)
|Data Rate||SRW data modes supported|
|Operational Battery Life||> 9 Hrs|
|Situational Awareness||Supports rugged and commercial displays
Interfaces to computer devices such as a Universal Applications Product (UAP)
Supports Nett Warrior software applications
|Programmable COMSEC & TRANSEC||Type 1
Available Now via GSA Contract
GSA Order: GS-35F-0060N
Schedule #70 • SIN 132-8