GVR5 Dual-Band Wave Relay MANET
Massively Scalable & Massively Mobile
Designed in collaboration with General Dynamics Missions Systems, the GVR5 by Persistent Systems, LLC, is a dual-band mobile ad hoc networking (MANET) solution. Like other Wave Relay MANET devices from Persistent Systems, the GVR5 allows users to seamlessly share voice, video, text, sensor, and location data, all while on the move without the need for fixed infrastructure. The hardened GVR5 is specifically designed for integration into infantry fighting vehicles and similar platforms that have unique power systems, ballistic and gunfire shock requirements, and operate complex local area networks.
The GVR5 can simultaneously operate on two frequency bands (L/S, L/C, or S/C - bands). It is an ideal solution for Automated-PACE (Primary, Alternate, Contingency, and Emergency) because it routes communications over the best available band. Additionally, the GVR5 allows dismounted users carrying MPU5 MANET devices to wirelessly connect to a vehicle's intercom system while in or near the vehicle. The GVR5 can be connected to SATCOM or LTE modems in the vehicle to extend BLOS connectivity to dismounted users – delivering global connectivity to the Wave Relay MANET.
- Simultaneous Dual Band Wave Relay®
- WR-GVR5-SYS-01: C-Band & L-Band
- WR-GVR5-SYS-02: C-Band & S-Band
- WR-GVR5-SYS-03: L-Band & S-Band
- Optimize communications range, data throughput, and penetration with the GVR5’s 3x3 MIMO antennas with vertical and horizontal polarizations.
- Make any command and control service available, virtually, from anywhere in the network, using the GVR5’s Internet Protocol differentiated services and efficient voice and video multicast.
- Manually or remotely enable/disable one or both RF bands for LPI/LPD or EMCON operations
- The GVR5’s embedded Cloud Relay™, in conjunction with the massively scalable Wave Relay® MANET, makes rarely available means of communicating, such as high capacity SATCOM and LTE, available to anyone in the network.
- The GVR5’s on-board video encoder, efficient multicast technology, and IP differentiated services will ensure video renders everywhere it’s needed, in time, and without over-loading the network.
- The GVR5 is wheeled and tracked vehicle-ready and has optional ballistic shock mounting for the harshest combat environments.
About Persistent Systems, LLC
Headquartered in New York City since 2007, Persistent Systems, LLC is a global communications technology company that develops and manufactures a patented and secure Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET) system: Wave Relay®. Wave Relay transmits and receives data, video, voice and other applications under the most difficult conditions. Their suite of products is utilized in Commercial, Military, Government, Industrial, Agriculture, Robotics, and Unmanned Systems markets. Please visit https://www.persistentsystems.com to learn more.
GVR5 Dual Band Wave Relay MANET
|Dual Band Communications Options
||Choose Any Two Frequency Bands
C: 4430MHz to 5000MHz
L: 1350MHz to 1390MHz
S: 2200MHz to 2507MHz
Selective RF Standby via front panel and
|3x3 MIMO Antenna Options
||Optimize communications range and
penetration using the GVR5’s alternative
combinations of vertically and horizontally
Each antenna type comes with either wide
or narrow vertical beam widths to support
your unique communications preferences.
||IPv4/IPv6 with Differentiated Services
Advanced Wave Relay® MANET multicast
RTP Multicast & Unicast
Layer 2 network connectivity
Integrated DHCP server
||FIPS 140-2 Certification
Integrated Hardware Cryptographic
HMAC-SHA-256 Authentication & Integrity
NSA Suite-B Algorithms
Cryptographically authenticated Over-the-
Air Rekey and Key Zero
Front Panel Single Switch Zero
Add a HAIPE to use the radio on a Type 1
Black Core Network
||(2) 3G-SDI Input
H.264 Encoding and Decoding
500 Kbps - 20 Mbps
(59.94/60 fps not available at 1080p)
|(2) 1 GHz Quad Core ARM
||Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow
||(2) RJ-45 Enet
(2) 3G-SDI Video
(2) SMA GPS Antenna
Storage: -60°F to +160°F
Operating: -25°F to +125°F plus solar
95% non-condensing from 86°F to 160°F
Storage: -1,312ft to 50,000ft;
Operating: -1312ft to 15,000ft
Steam & Water Jet Cleaning, Blowing
Sand & Dust, Salt Fog, Fungus, Fording,
Shock Pulse, Drop, Vibration, ESD, HEMP,
Optional ballistic shock mounts
||Reverse Polarity Protection
Input Voltage Range
20 to 33VDC
Operates through 12VDC for 1sec (initial
engagement surge), 16VDC for 30sec
Operates through 250V for 70μs (spike),
100V for 50ms (surge)
||SEL Form 1183
||10.05”W x 9.96”D x 4.59”H (excluding
|Max Weight (C/L) Radio