CM-300/350 (V2) Air Traffic Control Radios
Air Traffic Control Rackmount Transmitter and Receiver Systems
Air Traffic Control (ATC) radios need to keep pace with the demanding volume of air traffic. Knowing that your ATC radios can perform well in a high stress environment helps to make your job a little less stressful.
- Winner of FAA’s NEXCOM Segment 2 — The CM-300/350 (V2) VHF/UHF radios are the first deployed in the National Airspace System that support VoIP global standards. Standardized radios mean less costs and more flexibility with your radio equipment.
- Remote Maintenance and Monitoring lets you support an almost unlimited number of radios from one location.
- High Reliability - The CM-300 Series radios boast unprecedented Mean-Time-Between-Failure rates, meaning you won’t have to worry about the radio breaking down.
CM-300/350 (V2) Software Defined Radios Features
The CM-300/350 Series Version 2 radios are the latest additions to the General Dynamics family of Air Traffic Control (ATC) radios. Based on the FAA NEXCOM Segment 2 radio requirements, these rack mounted transmitter and receiver systems are specifically designed to meet the dynamic mission requirements of air traffic control centers, commercial airports, military air stations and range installations.
- FAA's NEXCOM Segment 2 radios
- IP-based for network connectivity: VOIP, Ethernet
- ETSI standard compliance for international deployments
- Advanced multi-mode capabilities
- Superior performance in congested co-site environments
- Built upon the highly reliable CM Series platform
- Front panel keypad/display facilitates setup and maintenance
- NAS certified
- Now on the U.S. Air Force-AFFSA Approved Product List (APL)
- The preferred replacement solution for the U.S. Air Force Air Traffic Control and Landing Systems (ATCALS) Radio Replacement Program
Note: The CM-300 Series radios have replaced the CM-200/CM-400 radios. For support on CM-200/400 radios, please contact us at ATCinfo@gd-ms.com.
CM-350 (V2) UDX VDX Transceiver Features
Designed for transceiver needs with frequency agile co-site requirements, the new CM350 (V2) UDX and VDX ATC radio options leverage the FAA certified CM300/350 V2 series and build on our reputation for quality and reliability and deliver:
- Embedded Frequency-agile Co-site Filter – Increased RF interference protection without the need for 1 for 1 fixed frequency back-ups – reducing the footprint
- Optional Touch Entry Display Remote Control Unit – Facilitates emergency back-up communication systems
- Software-defined Upgradeability – To meet future standards
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) – Compliance to EUROCAE ED-137 for standard digital audio interfacing and remote connections
- Built-in Test – Comprehensive and rapid equipment status information
- Automatic Switch-over – For back-up power engagement
- Passive Cooling – No fan means less maintenance, quiet and highly reliable operation
- 100% Useable Receive Channels – Ensures reliable reception regardless of frequency assignment
We currently offer operation and maintenance training for our Air Traffic Control radio products at our Scottsdale facility, which is conveniently located seven miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. If you’d prefer for us to come to you, Customer Onsite Training is also available: please contact us for a quote.
- ATC Radio Introduction
- Description and Specifications
- Limited Maintenance
For full syllabus details, please download the CM-300 Radio Training Content Outline [PDF].
Please contact us if you require a formal quote for training class funding.
Classes are scheduled for a maximum of 15 students. General Dynamics Mission Systems reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course due to low enrollment, schedule conflicts, or other reason beyond our control. Changes will be announced a minimum of two weeks prior to the published course date being canceled or changed.
"The General Dynamics CM-300 series ATC radios have had a profound effect on our ability to communicate. Reliable, clear, dynamic."
- Gary Westfal, Senior Program Manager, Air Traffic Control Requirements and Resources, USAF Special Operations Command
"The European bases are reporting higher fidelity and clarity when controlling ground and air traffic; with maintainers reporting innumerable man hours saved by not having to troubleshoot faulty systems."
- TSgt Christopher Reagan, European RMC Team Chief, U.S. Air Force Flight Standards Agency
- CM-300/350 (V2) VHF/UHF ATC Transmitter/Receiver Datasheet [PDF]
- CM-350 (V2) UDX VDX ATC Transceiver Datasheet [PDF]
- CM-350 (V2) Remote Control Unit (RCU) Datasheet [PDF]
- Simulcast System for Ground to Air Radio Communications [PDF]
- Remote Maintenance and Monitoring (RMM) System [PDF]
- VoIP Adapter (VOAD) Gateway [PDF]
As a Value Added Reseller, ACG Systems supports sales and provides technical customer service and installation services for the CM-300/350 V2 radio in the U.S. ACG Systems provides industry and government with operationally effective, cost efficient, unifying communication solutions. ACG integrates, distributes, and supports leading brands of digital and analog communication equipment in support of major national and regional airlines, federal government agencies, airport authorities and other related industries. Our product line includes radios covering most frequency bands, consoles, switches, digital recorders and radio communications systems–including a number of ACG designed and branded products.
ADS Inc. is an official Value Added Reseller of the CM-300/350 V2 Air Traffic Control Radio. ADS, Inc. provides equipment, procurement, logistics, and supply chain solutions. We offer access to the largest product and service selection, the broadest array of procurement and contract options, and world-class expertise and support to assist all branches of the U.S. Military, federal, state and local government organizations, law enforcement agencies, first responders, partner nations, and the defense industry.
Carroll Communications is an official Value Added Reseller of the CM-300/350 V2 Air Traffic Control Radio. Headquartered in Columbus County, NC, Carroll Communications is a U.S.-based veteran-owned small business that supports sales for the CM-300/350 V2 radio in the U.S.
Robinson Aviation (RVA)
Robinson Aviation (RVA), Inc. specializes in air traffic control operations; ramp tower operations; engineering, installation, and maintenance of communications, airport navigation, landing, and weather systems; and, aviation safety and Communication, Navigation, and Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) studies. As a Value Added Reseller, RVA supports sales and provides technical customer service and installation services for the CM-300/350 V2 radio in the U.S.