Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity Makes Us Stronger
Our team is made up of thousands of professionals – people with vastly different backgrounds and experiences. They’re not just all welcome here – they’re all celebrated. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we know that an inclusive environment, where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas at all levels, allows us to approach problems in more innovative ways and create the best solutions for our customers and the best culture for our teams.
Why do so many professionals from so many different backgrounds choose to build their careers at General Dynamics?
Keeping Up With Our Customers
"We're not just thinking about it and talking about it, we're going to do something about it."
-- Manny Mora, Vice President & General Manager Space and Intelligence Systems
"It's exciting to see that General Dynamics Mission Systems is continuing to enhance the plans and initiatives to not just get you hired in but ensure that you're aware of how much they do appreciate your service."
-- Dawn Jennings, Integrated Logistics Support Lead
How Diversity and Inclusion powers our future
- Organize inclusivity celebrations in the workplace
- Monthly meetings to brainstorm and share ideas
- Enterprise-wide Lunch and Learns
- Develop and action company diversity strategy
- Lead, advocate for, and educate others on D&I initiatives
Employee Resource Groups
- Promoting equity, cultural awareness, and an inclusive work environment
- Increasing employee job satisfaction, morale, and productivity
- Fostering professional development and learning through mentoring, networking, open dialogue, and the exchange of ideas
Diversity Recruitment Partnerships
- Grace Hopper Celebration
- Society of Women Engineers
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Black Engineer of the Year Awards
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Diversity outreach to attract candidates from: HBCUs, Disability, Military and LGBT community partners, to name a few!
Without exception, our perspectives are shaped by our unique backgrounds. I continue to learn and grow from understanding the perspectives of others, and find that it enables us to make more effective decisions. This reaffirms the importance of our commitment to diversity and inclusion at General Dynamics.
Sharon Dunbar, Vice President Cross-Company Business Initiatives
Whether walking along the paths paved by strong women before them or blazing their own trails, the women of General Dynamics Mission Systems are making history by leaning in. You’ll find our women front and center in every corner of the business. From engineering to finance and manufacturing to supp…
General Dynamics Mission Systems Vice President of Engineering, Lisa Finneran, was awarded the Women in Technology (WIT) Leadership Award in the corporate large-market sector.
David Macchiarolo is a senior deputy program manager, engineering, for Undersea/Telecom Systems in McLeansville, North Carolina, and has been volunteering for 15 years with the North Carolina Science Olympiad (NCSO) and stressing the importance of STEM education in our schools.