Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity Makes Us Stronger
Our team is made up of thousands of professionals – people with vastly different backgrounds and experiences. They’re not just all welcome here – they’re all celebrated. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we know that an inclusive environment, where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas at all levels, allows us to approach problems in more innovative ways and create the best solutions for our customers and the best culture for our teams.
Why do so many professionals from so many different backgrounds choose to build their careers at General Dynamics?
"It's exciting to see that General Dynamics Mission Systems is continuing to enhance the plans and initiatives to not just get you hired in but ensure that you're aware of how much they do appreciate your service."
-- Dawn Jennings, Integrated Logistics Support Lead
How Diversity and Inclusion powers our future
- Organize inclusivity celebrations in the workplace
- Monthly meetings to brainstorm and share ideas
- Enterprise-wide Lunch and Learns
- Develop and action company diversity strategy
- Lead, advocate for, and educate others on D&I initiatives
Employee Resource Groups
- Promoting equity, cultural awareness, and an inclusive work environment
- Increasing employee job satisfaction, morale, and productivity
- Fostering professional development and learning through mentoring, networking, open dialogue, and the exchange of ideas
Diversity Recruitment Partnerships
- Grace Hopper Celebration
- Society of Women Engineers
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Black Engineer of the Year Awards
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Diversity outreach to attract candidates from: HBCUs, Disability, Military and LGBT community partners, to name a few!
Without exception, our perspectives are shaped by our unique backgrounds. I continue to learn and grow from understanding the perspectives of others, and find that it enables us to make more effective decisions. This reaffirms the importance of our commitment to diversity and inclusion at General Dynamics.
Sharon Dunbar, Vice President Cross-Company Business Initiatives
Encouraging and challenging our engineers to explore the edge of the possible helps make General Dynamics Mission Systems an industry leader in innovative, smart solutions for our Nation and our allies.
In 2001, Mike Garcia, a manufacturing operations manager in Scottsdale, Arizona, was a part-time Army Reserve soldier working in the hospitality industry. But when the first plane hit the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001, Mike's life trajectory changed.
General Dynamics Mission Systems Donates 11,000 Units of Personal Protective Equipment to First Line Responders
In an effort to support medical personnel on the frontlines of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have donated more than 11,000 units of personal protective equipment (PPE), including personal respirators, protective coveralls and gloves to areas heavily impacted by the virus.