Possible Interview Questions
What To Expect From Your Interview Process
You’ve submitted your resume, applied for the job and been selected for an interview. Now what kinds of questions can you expect when you show up? Although these may not be the exact questions that you will experience in your interview with us, they can help you to gain an understanding of how to prepare for our interview process.
- What is the strongest attribute that you bring to the table?
- Describe the last team that you worked on and your role on it.
- What did you like and not like about your last company?
- For a recent college graduate, what was your favorite class and why? What was your least favorite class and why?
- What is your definition of accountability?
- What has been your biggest success story to date?
- Why do you want to work for General Dynamics Mission Systems?
- How do you ensure that what your work is the highest quality?
- How do you define project requirements and how do you make sure they are realistic?
- Explain how you reason through problems when you don't know the answer right away.
- Tell us about a time you received feedback which indicated you were not meeting expectations.
- Describe your ideal work environment.
- What work experience have you had that prepares you to be successful in this position?
For Technical Positions:
- Explain a few significant differences between the C++ and Java programming languages.
- Pick a project that you can discuss in detail and had a significant role on. Discuss the system design/architecture. What was the worst problem you had with this system and how did you fix it?
- How much reuse do you get out of the code you develop?
- Explain a time when you were able to improve upon the design that was originally requested.
- Do you want to stay on a technical career path or eventually move to a leadership/management role?