Security ecosystem influencers will convene to identify innovation, connect for collaboration and explore new opportunities for critical infrastructure protection
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – Today, the Security Innovation NetworkTM (SINET), an organization focused on advancing cybersecurity innovation through public-private collaboration, announced the 16 - 2013 SINET Innovators, who will share their innovative solutions at the annual SINET Showcase on December 4-5, 2013 at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C..
The program, supported by the Department of Homeland Security Science & Technology Directorate, received 115 application submissions from early stage and emerging technology companies, with the guideline that their revenues be under $15 million. These entries were carefully vetted in a two-stage process by the SINET Showcase Steering Committee comprised of 66 leaders from the government, industry, investment and academic communities.
This year’s application pool was the most competitive grouping since SINET began this initiative five years ago. SINET noted an increase in the number of solutions focused on situational awareness and security management systems, while access control, mobile applications and network security were significantly represented. SINET also saw trending towards emerging security solutions to protect and secure the Internet-of-Things applications and Internet ecosystems.
The SINET Showcase, a public private partnership initiative, was created to identify and share innovative and potentially disruptive cybersecurity technologies among the audience of buyers and influencers from the investment, research, commercial, civilian, defense and intelligence communities.
The 2013 SINET 16 Innovators
The SINET 16 Innovators are creative entrepreneurs who are accelerating new ways to solve security threats and vulnerabilities. The following companies were selected as The 2013 SINET 16 Innovators:
- Agari Prevents unauthorized email to eliminate threats
- Appthority Identifies and manages hidden risks in mobile apps; houses collection of 1.5 million analyzed apps.
- Bromium, Inc. Micro-virtualization for enterprise information and infrastructure protection
- Cylance, Inc. Detects and blocks attacks through advanced mathematical analysis and machine learning
- Damballa Quickly detects and prioritizes advanced threats that have evaded prevention layers
- Endgame, Inc. Brings data science to cyber security to sense, analyze and act in real-time
- Lookingglass Cyber Solutions Over the horizon (OTH) threat intelligence, visibility, monitoring and management
- Mobile System 7 Uses intelligent controls to secure data and mitigate risks posed by mobile devices and hosted services
- Nok Nok Labs, Inc. Authentication for end-to-end trust across the web
- PerspecSys Inc. Cloud data security using tokenization and encryption
- PhishMe, Inc. Security awareness training to help users identify and avoid spear fishing cyber attacks
- Pindrop Security Authentication and fraud detection in the phone channel to assess risk factors
- Sonatype Enables fast and secure component based software development while avoiding risks
- ThreatMetrix Context-based authentication and web fraud prevention for online businesses
- Triumfant Detects malicious attacks and monitors the state of endpoint machines and servers
- ZanttZ, Inc. Creates “Shadow Networks” to detect and dampen impact of Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs)
Robert Rodriguez, Chairman and Founder of SINET
“The traditional corporate debate of ‘build versus buy’ is no longer a debate. It’s a buy market being driven by a dynamic attack environment. As a result, the importance of accelerating innovation is imperative, not only for the entrepreneur, but also for a higher calling – the national security and economic interests of our country,” said, Robert Rodriguez, Chairman and Founder of SINET. “We
congratulate the SINET 16 for helping shape, influence and impacting the future of the Cybersecurity domain.”
Ted Schlein, General Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
“It’s an exciting time as innovation in Cybersecurity continues to accelerate. SINET’s Showcase has become a critical, national forum for the sharing of ideas and an on-going dialogue between private sector entrepreneurs and public sector leaders,” said Ted Schlein, General Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Nadia Short, Vice President and General Manager of the Cyber and Intelligence Solutions division at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
“SINET understands the importance of building a foundation of collaboration and sharing between the public and private sectors,” said Nadia Short, Vice President and General Manager of the Cyber and Intelligence Solutions division at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems. “In sharing that vision with SINET, we both work to connect companies with innovative capabilities and cyber integrators to create powerful solutions that keep our enterprises safe from cyber adversaries.”
Attendees of the 2013 SINET Showcase will be able to collaborate during:
- Signature high level networking receptions, “it is all about the people”
- High-profile panel sessions on the latest investment and Cybersecurity trends
- Technology demonstrations by the SINET 16 Innovators
- Pre-show half-day informative and educational workshops
- One-on-one appointments with Government officials and representatives from the venture capital and investment bank communities.
# # #
For more information on SINET, please contact: