Senior Quality Inspector
- Marion, VA, USA
- Required Clearance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Remote Option
- On-Site Full-Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
High School diploma or the equivalent is required. Associate’s degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Mechanical engineering is preferred. In addition, a minimum of 2 years directly related experience is required. J-STD_001, 002, IPC 610, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-750 and X-Ray qualification certifications may be required.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. That’s the opportunity that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. It’s an amazing challenge. And it’s waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
The Senior Quality Inspector will inspect parts and materials for compliance to specified requirements and perform real-time defect evaluation. This will require the preparation of QA documentation along with the verification of corrective action implementation and rework. We will rely on your strong communication skills to interface with coworkers and internal customers.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A High School diploma or the equivalent required; Associate’s degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Mechanical engineering preferred
- Minimum of 2 years directly related experience
- J-STD_001, 002, IPC 610, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-750 and X-Ray qualification certifications may be required
- Distinct knowledge of material requirements, fabrication techniques, and manufacturability concepts
- Experienced in the use of current strategic CAD tools; Pro-E/Creo or Solid Works preferred
- Superior knowledge of the strategic CAD and file management tools and design documentation standards (e.g ASME Y14.5M, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
- Solid understanding of simple mechanical stress; structural, thermal and tolerance analysis
What sets you apart:
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Exceptional problem-solving and communication skills
- Open to new ideas and serve as a champion for change when directed from management
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Target salary range: USD $22.38/Hr. - USD $24.00/Hr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran