Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Marion, VA, USA
- Required Clearance
- Secret, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Remote Option
- On-Site Full-Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 2+ years of job-related experience or a Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Technologies that are so advanced they’re often classified. That’s what you’ll find at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you’ll lead amazing engineers as they invent the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, it’s time to bring your talent to General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
Our Senior Manufacturing Engineer for the F-15 AESA Radome Manufacturing Team, you’ll be a member a cross functional team responsible for building and continually improving the manufacturing process of military fighter-jet radomes which includes understanding and disseminating the complex technical requirements related to this specific program and others.
We encourage you to apply if you have any of these preferred skills or experiences:
- Develop manufacturing engineering tools, strategies and systems, floor layouts and plans for specific products and processes. This will require procedural documentation for the implementation and maintenance of methods, operational sequence and equipment calibration requirements.
- Develop and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing our team’s knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
What sets you apart:
- Proficiency with modeling CAD tools to create mechanical models and drawings
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication methods, as well as technical, government, and industry standards
- Creative thinker capable of leading a team in the preparation of project design, testing, and prototype fabrication
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development for yourself and others
Our Commitment to You:
- An exciting career path with opportunities for continuous learning and development.
- Research oriented work, alongside award winning teams developing practical solutions for our nation’s security
- Flexible schedules with every other Friday off work, if desired (9/80 schedule)
- Competitive benefits, including 401k matching, flex time off, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, health & wellness programs, employee resource and social groups, and more
- See more at gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
This position is Fully on-site.
While on-site, you will be a part of the F-15 AESA Radome Manufacturing Team.
Target salary range: USD $86,200.00/Yr. - USD $93,200.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran