Deployable 4G LTE Communications
Emergency scenarios and disasters can wipe out existing communications networks at the very moment they are needed most. Large planned events can also bring a network to a standstill and cause chaos across jurisdictions and agencies. The Cell On Wheels (COW) – emergency deployable unit – keeps first responders connected any place, anytime, and in any emergency or event.
- FirstNet-Ready and Band Class 14 (700 MHz) Compatible
- Delivers Instant Access to Voice, Video, Data, Text, and Chat
- Field Tested, First Responder Approved
- Multi-sector LTE Band Class 14 RAN with electric downtilt to optimize coverage area
- Software configurable to support multiple bands between 4.9GHz and 5.8GHz
- Wired or Wireless LAN access
- Automated wireless backhaul antenna alignment and tracking allows quick alignment and ensures reliable connectivity to the terrestrial network
- Electric drive 60’ telescopic tower – no guy wires required
- NEMA 4x Electronics Equipment Enclosure with HVAC provides conditioned environment for Electronics and ample rack space for future upgrades
- Modular Signal Entry Panel allows flexibility and customization
- Waterproof storage enclosure for all equipment and tools needed for setup, teardown and transport
- Integrated 9.5 kW Diesel generator and fuel tank allows continuous operation on portable power for up to 48 hrs
- Automatic transfer switch allows powering directly from facility power or from on-board diesel generator
- Lighting for night time operations
- Protective cover protects equipment for transport
Field Tested, First Responder Approved: In February 2015, the COW was used to produce a 4G LTE network for first responders and agency operators at the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships (AWSC) in Vail, CO. For the first time ever, emergency first responders charged with protecting thousands of spectators and athletes at AWSC had access to a dedicated wireless broadband network built specifically for public safety.
About General Dynamics LTE
General Dynamics Mission Systems LTE combines expertise in building and integrating complex communication networks and products with industry leading 3G and 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless broadband to deliver “always on” high-speed access to vital information needed by law enforcement, emergency first responders, government agencies, military personnel and others responsible for public safety and national security.
General Dynamics Mission Systems LTE ensures that information, ranging from real-time video feeds to large image files and other mission-critical data will be available in cluttered urban environments, isolated rural areas and everywhere in between. General Dynamics Mission Systems is committed to introducing state-of-the-art, next generation communications technology.
Technology on Board
4G LTE eNodeBlue
Our Long Term Evolution (LTE) eNode B is a single carrier LTE base station packaged into a compact, rugged, water and dust resistant enclosure. The small size and durability of the eNode B make it ideal for situations where critical infrastructure is damaged or where network capacity needs to be rapidly expanded or deployed. The Band Class variants of the eNode B support 5 MHz and 10 MHz carriers in the bands allocated for public safety and military tactical applications.
vCN – 4G Core Network
Size, weight and power are important to consider whether you are building a network from the ground up, upgrading to an existing network, or need the flexibility of a deployable network. The vCN 4G Core Network is a virtual core network (vCN) that delivers all of the functionality you require from a single Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) server. This virtual environment enables the Evolved Packet Core to be distributed to the edge of the network. Available in rugged servers for tactical applications and or non-rugged servers for fixed site installations, the vCN is there where and when you need it.