At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we leverage our system integration expertise and experience on complex U.S. Navy systems to protect other high-value combat systems. By combining our proven open architecture computing infrastructure (OPEN CI) with an open business model, we have successfully integrated a variety of sensor sets and applications. In the process, we've repeatedly demonstrated our ability to enable better-informed decision-making by fusing national and sensor data to provide improved information correlation and wide-area situational awareness.
Our security systems capabilities include:
- Protecting nuclear weapons and infrastructure
- Automated maritime threat assessment of vessels, people and cargo
- Managing risks to homeland security
- Advanced sensor R&D with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency
Protecting Our Nation’s Critical Infrastructure
Our nation’s ports, nuclear weapons, and cyber infrastructure are under constant threat from both inside and outside the United States. Keeping the public safe requires constant vigilance and extensive preparation. Whether a threat is natural or manmade, the systems we design, install and operate allow for timely, well-coordinated responses that mitigate the potential for catastrophic damage to our nation’s ports, nuclear weapons, and other critical infrastructure.
At General Dynamics, we work closely with government partners to secure our nation’s essential physical and cyber infrastructures. Our integrated solutions support the full spectrum of critical infrastructure protection: threat anticipation, detection, prevention, and recovery. By using our proven OPEN CI open architecture computing infrastructure, we are able to combine critical national and sensor data, which gives decision makers a clearer picture of the threat.
Our Critical Infrastructure Protection Capabilities
- High-performance electro-optical and infrared camera systems
- Intelligence fusion, emergency operations and Incident command centers
- Biological, chemical, radiological, and nuclear detection and identification equipment
- Threat modeling and simulation for realistic training
- Ensuring real-time communications and information sharing across disparate platforms