Shipyard Intern Engineer
- Silverdale, WA, USA
- Required Clearance
- Employment Type
- Remote Option
- On-Site Full-Time,
- Hybrid (Part-Time Remote)
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
Candidates should demonstrate a thorough understanding of engineering technology. Engineering Interns must be enrolled in an accredited degree program in Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline with a preference for a standing of a sophomore or higher.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
Apply your classroom-learned skills to a program supporting the defense of our country. GDMS has an immediate opening for an Shipyard Intern Engineer Intern to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to work on projects that support some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams on various technical projects associated with our core mission. In addition to receiving a competitive wage, the Shipyard Intern Engineer will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. Interns will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
ROLE AND POSITION OBJECTIVES:
As a systems engineer for Flight and Security Program, you’ll be a member of a cross functional team responsible for implementing the systems engineering model onto several critical systems we support. This role will look to embrace creativity, strategic thinking and engineering from all who work on this program.
We encourage you to apply if you have any of these preferred skills or experiences:
- Experience working with Windows Server and Workstation builds, Linux or similar OS
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Cisco Certified Technician (CCT)
- Experience working in an Agile team or using Agile methodologies
What sets you apart:
- Clear understanding of systems engineering concepts
- Creative thinker with ability to multi-task
- Ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development for yourself and others
Our Commitment to You:
- An exciting career path with opportunities for continuous learning and development.
- Research oriented work, alongside award winning teams developing practical solutions for our nation’s security
- Flexible schedules with every other Friday off work, if desired (9/80 schedule)
- Competitive benefits, including 401k matching, flex time off, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, health & wellness programs, employee resource and social groups, and more
- See more at gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
This position is on-site with potential of remote work.
While on-site, you will be a part of the Silverdale, Washington Facility
Target salary range: USD $26.00/Hr. - USD $29.00/Hr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran