RF Electrical Engineer
- Marion, VA, USA
- Required Clearance
- Secret, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Remote Option
- On-Site Full-Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 2+ years of job-related experience or a Master's degree.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
ROLE AND POSITION OBJECTIVES:
Relocation Package Available
As an RF electrical engineer for GDMS Composites Division, you’ll be a member of a cross functional team responsible for Designing, Manufacturing, and Testing Aerospace composite Radomes and Structures.
We encourage you to apply if you have any of these preferred skills or experiences:
- Radome and antenna design and performance evaluation, including signature control
- Simulation code development & commercial code (HFSS, CST, FEKO) application
- Dielectric material measurement – dielectric constant and loss tangent.
- Radome wall measurements – transmission and reflection.
- Radome acceptance testing: transmission, beam deflection, polarization effects, null depth, radiation pattern.
- Test system design and implementation.
- Support development of new materials and processes (e.g., additive manufacturing)
What sets you apart:
- Previous work experience in design and measurement of radomes or the related fields of antennas, microwave networks, or optics.
- Laboratory experience with RF test equipment and techniques.
- Experience with RF test ranges for antennas/radomes/RCS evaluation.
- Familiarity with composite and additive manufacturing techniques
Our Commitment to You:
- An exciting career path with opportunities for continuous learning and development.
- Research oriented work, alongside award winning teams developing practical solutions for our nation’s security
- Competitive benefits, including 401k matching, flex time off, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, health & wellness programs, employee resource and social groups, and more
- See more at gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
This position is a Hybrid work schedule with a minimum of 3 day's on-site.
While on-site, you will be a part of the Marion Va. team.
Relocation assistance and/or sign on bonuses may be available.
Target salary range: USD $95,384.20/Yr. - USD $105,816.80/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran