- Marion, VA, USA
- Required Clearance
- Secret, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Remote Option
- On-Site Full-Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred. Certified/Licensed: Electricity, HVAC
Candidates must be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense SECRET security clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems is hiring an hourly maintenance technician to join our maintenance team in performing installation, repairs and preventative maintenance on industrial facilities and production equipment at our manufacturing plant in Marion, Virginia.
- All work will be done in compliance with EPA, Hazmat and OSHA safety rules and regulations
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment and facilities
- Prepares for use, performs operational checks, inspects and completes routine repairs and major overhauls
- Requests and withdraws from inventory and replaces defective or worn parts. Makes all necessary adjustments for the proper operation of the equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to prevent equipment down time through observation, communications with production staff and proactive problem solving
- Properly communicates and documents all work performed in compliance with work order process guidelines
- Complies with company policies and procedures, safety, quality, operational procedures, adhering to state and federal regulations
- Must be willing to work some weekends and/or varied shifts
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment
- Actively participates in process improvements
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager
Qualifications and Skills:
- Two years of mechanical/electrical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to obtain secret clearance
- Certificate in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Refrigerant Usage EPA Certification
- Certified/Licensed in industrial electrical repair and installation
- Completed Arc Flash training
- Applies a working knowledge of applicable codes and ordinances
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong background in electro-mechanical-pneumatic process operation and repair
- Must be resourceful and apply critical thinking skills in problem solving
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Principles of mechanics (coupling, shaft alignment, bearings, gears and lubrication).
- Ability to operate powered industrial mobile equipment (fork lifts, scissor lifts, carts, etc.)
- Ability to interpret technical documents, drawings, schematics, circuit diagrams, instructions and procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Prolonged standing with bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling
- Hand dexterity and strength
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds while utilizing correct lifting techniques and applicable safe work practices
Target salary range: USD $22.00/Hr. - USD $26.00/Hr. Hidden (255973)
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran