-Senior EMI/EMC Engineer
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
THIS POSITION IS IN MASSACHUSETTS AND CAN BE LOCATED NEAR PITTSFIELD, TAUNTON, DEDHAM OR QUINCY, MASSACHUSETTS AND HAS SOME REMOTE CAPABILITY NEAR THESE SITES
Responsibilities for this Position
Imagine a world-class engineering environment. Now add a team of exceptional talent along with technologies that are so advanced they’re often classified. That’s what you’ll find at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you’ll lead amazing engineers as they invent the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, it’s time to bring your talent to General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
The experienced Senior EMI/EMC Engineer will support the design, development and test of various electrical component designs as well as subsystem-level designs at GDMS that are required to support our various customers’ missions.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience specifying, designing and testing EMI/EMC capabilities for electrical components and subsystems. Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to communicate project issues and impacts
- Highly proficient in the use and understanding of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and theories; frequent contributor to the development of new theories and methods
- Proven, effective leadership skills to guide work groups and programs to successful completion
- Exceptional knowledge of the electrical engineering process
- Ability to travel as needed
What sets you apart:
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-461
- Familiarity with TILE! Software Suite
- Familiarity with test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, EMI receivers, etc.
- Ability to develop/decompose customer-level EMI/EMC requirements
- Familiarity with IBM Rational DOORS
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Effectively handle complex assignments independently or in multiple work groups
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
ABOUT GENERAL DYNAMICS IN PITTSFIELD, MA
Come work for General Dynamics Mission Systems in beautiful Berkshire County, located on the western edge of Massachusetts. The Berkshires are very family friendly with excellent schools. The housing market is very affordable compared to surrounding larger cities. General Dynamics provides exceptional salaries in Berkshire County which provides a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family.
The surrounding area is a cultural center for arts and theater, including established venues such as Tanglewood, Mass Museum of Contemporary Arts, The Clark Art Institute and the Norman Rockwell Museum, to name a few. Berkshire County is also a recreation hub with mountains for hiking or mountain biking, multiple lakes, ski areas, golf courses and even the Appalachian Trail. Being part of New England, western Massachusetts also boasts four distinct and enjoyable seasons, from the comfortable summer months to the colorful fall and pristine winters.
As a small city with surrounding rural towns, Pittsfield has a reasonable cost of living and relaxing short commutes without giving up modern life amenities. We are centrally located in the northeast, providing easy access to all of the attractions New England can offer. Boston and New York City are both less than a 3 hour drive away.
The Berkshires are Calling!
As a contractor to the Federal Government, General Dynamics Mission Systems must comply with the federal mandate requiring our workforce be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by January 4, 2022, with only very limited exceptions for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.