SATCOM On-The-Move Model 17-17A Airborne Terminals
All General Dynamics SOTM products share a legacy of proven, reliable performance on aircraft, ships, fast boats and a variety of military wheeled and tracked vehicles, including HMMWV, Bradley and Stryker. The Model 17-17A terminals share a common technology base, common components, and a common user interface with the other products in the General Dynamics SOTM family (Models 13, 20, and 30 Series).
Key to the performance of any SOTM product is the availability to maintain the link during dynamic platform motion. General Dynamics SOTM products provide worldclass "on satellite" tracking accuracy via combination of integral tracking receiver, gyro stabilization, and inertial measurement unit.
- Reliable high data rate satellite communications
- Superior link availability and performance over a wide range of operational conditions
- Interchangeable RF payloads provide maximum operational flexibility, including Ku, and X-Band
- Leverages a wide range of commercially available modem systems
- Modular design enhances maintainability and minimizes life cycle cost
- Lightweight, low profile design with all RF Components on Elevation Payload for high efficiency RF Tx/Rx.
- Antenna includes the antenna positioner, servo controller, tracking receiver, block up and down-converters and high efficiency solid state power amplifier all contained on the pedestal with only interface for Power, Ethernet and L-Band Tx/Rx interface to Modem.