Redundant Block Converter Systems
C-Band, X-Band, Ku-Band
Redundant Block Upconverter (BUC) and Downconverter (BDC) systems contain either three converters in a 1:2 redundant configuration or two converters in a 1:1 redundant configuration. The systems include automatic switchover logic, redundant power supplies, and redundant ac line inputs. The systems are designed for installation at satellite earth stations in standard 19-inch EIA equipment racks.
- Standard 19” rack panel, 3.5” high
- Dual redundant power supplies
- Worldwide AC input capability
- Monitors converter bias currents and phase lock to external reference
- Manual or automatic operation
- Manual override switch control knobs on rear panel
- Serial I/O
- Offline I/O
- Frequency reference that is stable to ±20 ppb in stand-alone operation
- 10.0 MHz external reference
- Automatic Mode: In Automatic mode, if a failure is detected in an online converter, the standby converter is switched on line. Typical switchover time is 100 milliseconds. For 1:2 systems, in the case that both on-line converters fail, priority is selectable to either Pol 1 or Pol 2. For either 1:1 or 1:2 systems, the unit will not automatically switch to a defective converter.
- Manual Mode: The converters can also be manually switched from the front panel or remotely. In Manual mode, automatic switching will not occur upon fault detection, although the monitor and alarm circuits still function.
- 10 dB gain
- 20 dB gain
Local or Remote Control
The systems include provision for remote status monitoring and operation. Typical uses are for sending status information to a centralized monitor and control system or for remotely controlling the system from a nearby building. All Local front panel features can be remotely controlled and monitored, except for the Remote/Local switch. In Remote mode, the front panel controls are inoperative, but the indicators continue to reflect the current operating state of the system. Remote status outputs are Form ‘C’ dry relay contacts capable of switching up to 100 Vdc at 100 mA. Remote control inputs are opto-isolator coupled for noise and common mode ground loop rejection.
- Download the Redundant C-Band Block Downconverter System (1:1 or 1:2) Datasheet [PDF]
- Download the Redundant C-Band Block Upconverter System (1:1 or 1:2) Datasheet [PDF]
- Download the Redundant Ku-Band Block Downconverter System (1:1 or 1:2) Datasheet [PDF]
- Download the Redundant Ku-Band Block Upconverter System (1:1 or 1:2) Datasheet [PDF]
- Download the Redundant X-Band Block Downconverter System (1:1 or 1:2) Datasheet [PDF]
- Download the Redundant X-Band Block Upconverter System (1:1 or 1:2) Datasheet [PDF]