Model 950A Antenna Control System
Full Featured Inverter Drive Control
SATCOM Technologies’ Model 950A Control Systems can be used with almost any limited motion antenna for precision satellite tracking applications. The system comprises an Antenna Control Unit (ACU), Tracking Receiver Unit (TRU) and a Power Drive Unit (PDU) which are linked via dedicated Ethernet connections or fiber. This configuration provides flexibility in locating the key system components allows for variable separation distances and provides immunity to electrical ground plane transients. The 950A features a new state-of-the art color touch-screen GUI. The 950A is a Ready-to-Go (RTG) product and can be delivered within 30 days of order receipt.
- Precision Satellite Tracking and Control
- Minimizes Cross-Site Cabling
- Flexible Tracking Receiver Integration
- Ethernet interface and Fiber Option for Lightning Protection
- Full Software Upgradeability
- New state-of-the art color touch-screen GUI
- Tracking, Pointing, and Acquisition modes
- Ideal for single AC motor (per axis) antennas
- Single, Dual, or Multi-speed antenna motor drives
- Stable to highly inclined GEO targets
- Flexible receiver options
- Designed to minimize site cabling
SATCOM Technologies’ Model 950A Control System is comprised of an Antenna Control Unit (ACU), Tracking Receiver Unit (TRU) and a Power Drive Unit (PDU) which are linked via dedicated Ethernet connections. This configuration provides flexibility in locating the key system components allows for variable separation distances and provides immunity to electrical ground plane transients.
The Model 950A is Intelsat- Standard A Compliant for great tracking performance, offers extensive modes for pointing, acquisition and tracking and its software is field-upgradable via a simple USB interface. In addition, the Model 950A is CE compliant for EU applications, features a touch-screen, large angle color display for modern user interfaces.
Antenna Control Unit
The Antenna Control Unit (ACU) is the primary control and monitor interface point for the entire system, featuring a friendly touch screen windowed interface.
- Optrack, which provides high performance tracking of stable or inclined orbit satellites with an adaptive,
- Self-learning ephemeris modeling mode
- Easy touch screen operation
- Informative display with full text color readouts
- Extensive diagnostic monitoring and test capabilities
- Antenna and satellite simulators
- Supervisory Control Link
- (Ethernet; TCP/IP or RS-232/422).
- Fully software field upgradable
- Model 500 series of Tracking Receivers in Analog, or Digital with Spectrum Display.
- 2 RU Digital Model 550 with dual 5 inch displays
- 2 RU Analog Model 520 with dual 5 inch displays
- Model 520 or 550 Receiver module mounted behind ACU for zero additional rack space requirements.
- Receivers also available with internal block down converters for common frequency bands
Portable Maintenance Unit
The Portable Maintenance Unit (PMU) provides manually commanded, bi-directional control of all axes.
- Hand held ruggedized unit with a 10-ft pendant cable and 40-ft extension cable for convenient local operation at the antenna
- Backup means of moving antenna and is ACU independent
- Four line, 20 character display for axis positions, tracking signal strength, and scrolling status messages
- Modes include position jog and Hi/Lo speed
- Optional weather proof access junction boxes at convienient antenna locations
- Enable/Disable per axis
Manual Control Unit
The Manual Control Unit (MCU) provides manually commanded, bi-directional control of all axes.
- Slim, 1RU chassis
- PMU functionality
- Fiber Optic ACU-PDU Link
- Time Synchronization via NTP
- Manual Control Unit
- Rack mount Tracking Receiver
- Extended low temperature operation
- Extended Warranty
- PDU configurable for various motor sizes and polarization controls.
- E-Stops in panel mount or J-Box
Multi-Speed Inverter PDU
The Power Drive Unit (PDU) provides all digital control to the AC drive motors and contains the hardware/firmware logic to close the position and tracking loops with high resolution. It also provides controlled acceleration and deceleration profile & speed regulation range of up to 15:1 with conventional inverter rated AC motor (antenna system dependant).
The inverter PDU’s are free-standing, housed in an NEMA 4 (IP66 equivalent) aluminum enclosure and contains the electrical/mechanical components necessary to move the antenna. The PDU contains an internal fan for ambient air circulation and “hot spot” avoidance and an optional thermostat controlled, internal heater for cold weather operations. Single speed contactor configurations are also supported.
A lockable handle secures the access door while the system is operating. A Lockout, Tagout power disconnect is provided on the cabinet exterior. Mounted in the enclosure is a panel assembly consisting of the Antenna Control Board (ACB) logic, power supply, inverter drives, and various ancillary devices. Status interlocks and position signals report to the ACB and, while in constant communication with the ACU, the ACB transmits information and receives commands to control movement of any antenna axes.
Communication within the system via Ethernet between ACU, TRU, and PDU by a dedicated controller. A second Ethernet controller and port provides independent connection to M&C
or customer WAN.
System design minimizes cable installation cost and complexity, and allows for flexible site layout.
- 1:1 Resolver (standard)
- 0.0055° Resolution,
- 0.05° Accuracy
- Standard 16 bit
- Position Encoder (option)
- 0.00001º Resolution,
- 0.0055º Accuracy
- 25-bit Optical
AC Motor Support
- Single or multiple inverter duty windings.
- Optional Handcrank interlock.
- 208-480v 3 phase voltagewindings available.
Tracking Accuracy - Optrack
Normally better than 5% of the receive beamwidth in winds of 30 mph gusting to 45 mph, satellite inclination of up to 15º and signal scintillation of up to 2 dB.
Normally better than 0.05º RMS in winds of 30 mph gusting to 45 mph. This includes all drive train errors, but excludes structural errors between the position transducers and RF beam.
- Tracking accuracy ≤ 5% of Beamwidth
- Pointing accuracy ≤ 0.05° RMS
- Total system results are antenna (mechanically) dependent
- CE, FCC Class A compliant, REACH
|7RU rack mount chassis with slides||12.25" H x 19" W x 3" D||10 lbs||Single phase, 110-240 VAC 350 VA|
|AC Inverter or Single speed contactor.||66.5” H x 30” W x 11.25” D (Including for Floor Stand)||230 lbs||
Single Phase Electronics, 100-250 VAC 500 VA
208/380/415 VAC, 3ø, KVA motor dependent
Three Phase 200-240 Vac, 7.5 HP max
Three Phase 380-480 Vac, 10 HP max
Single speed 5HP max, 208/380/415 3 phase
|1RU rack mount chassis with slides||1.75" H x 19" W x 8" D||5 lbs||Powered by PDU|
|Operating-Indoor||0° to 50° C||95% Non-Condensing|
|Operating-Outdoor||-20° to 50° C||100% Condensing|
|Operating-Outdoor (optional extended)||-40° to 40° C||100% Condensing|
|Storage||-10° to 70° C||100% Condensing|