TAC-MAAS Motion Imagery Processing & Exploitation Software
EFFICIENTLY PROCESS & MANAGE ISR FULL MOTION VIDEO
The most pressing challenge facing video analysts is how to efficiently process and manage the large volumes of video imagery collected from unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and surveillance aircraft. TAC-MAAS® accelerates the intelligence processing workflow with essential real-time and forensic video exploitation and data management tools. With the ability to synchronize and transfer mission data between systems, TAC-MAAS solves data management problems for military, government, public safety and commercial ISR operations.
Note: TAC-MAAS is designed for U.S. Customers.
For International Customers, please visit the D-VEX product.
TAC-MAAS is advanced motion imagery Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) software, which delivers significant productivity and intelligence benefits for Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) operations. TAC-MAAS has an operationally proven track record and boasts demonstrated plug and play interoperability with STANAG 4609/NGA MISP compliant manned and unmanned ISR platforms. It has low training and operational support requirements delivering a cost effective solution for leveraging intelligence from airborne sensor imagery. TAC-MAAS supports flexible deployment options from single user ruggedized tablets and laptops through to scalable multi-user systems.
- Scalable video and metadata recording and import
- Conversion to STANAG 4609 / NGA MISP compliant data
- Video remediation and normalization without transcode
- Chat room indexing
- Video switching and re-broadcast
- Low latency video display with instant replay
- Event and location-based navigation
- Synchronous multi-display
- Smooth playback from frame-step through to 32x
- Video enhancement filters
- On-screen distance and area measurement
- Configurable Heads Up Display (HUD)
- Moving map displays
- Graphical video and snapshot annotation
- Automated Moving Target Indictor (MTI)
- Search archive by geo-location, time and keyword
- Search user tags and intelligence products
- Compare current view with historical imagery
- Tag and describe events of interest
- Store and link video with intel products and reports
- Export and sync data between systems
- Extract and publish geo-registered snapshots and video clips
- Export geo-location information (KMZ)
- Export mission and contextual data
- Create Powerpoint presentations and briefings
TAC-MAAS complements existing ground control and mission planning software by providing efficient analysis, reporting capabilities, archiving and data management. It provides operators with easy-to-use tools to derive, manage and distribute critical intelligence gathered by ISR platforms for immediate tactical advantage.
Improve Situational Awareness
TAC-MAAS helps operators gain better situational awareness and ensures critical events are not overlooked by providing low latency video display, instant replay and moving map.
Instant Access Enables Fast Reporting
TAC-MAAS supports Phase 0 and Phase 1 imagery analysis, providing tools to allow operators to exploit live imagery and to communicate intelligence as situations develop, using map chips and georeferenced images.
Automated Target Indication
Options for integrated automated target indication from Sentient Vision Systems (Kestrel Land MTI and Kestrel Maritime)*, makes it easier for analysts to detect, analyze and report on targets and events.
- Rapid fielding with any UAV or manned surveillance platform
- Sensor agnostic
- Speeds up mission tempo
- Improves imagery interpretation
- Reduces operator fatigue
- Enhances situational awareness
Retain Mission-Critical Knowledge
TAC-MAAS maximizes the value extracted from flight imagery by providing a searchable, georeferenced video library. Gaining deeper insights into your area of operation is accelerated with the end-to-end data management workflows of TAC-MAAS that condense thousands of hours of mission data and allow users to efficiently author post-flight intelligence products.
Ground-Based Video Replay
TAC-MAAS provides a ground-based, off-platform replay system for multi-channel flight recorders and tactical computers. TAC-MAAS complements existing on-platform systems with efficient on-the-ground analysis, reporting, cataloguing and archiving capabilities.
Perform Detailed Post-Mission Event Analysis
TAC-MAAS provides Phase 2 and Phase 3 post-mission imagery exploitation and reporting. It allows operators to instantly search for and retrieve the precise event of interest out of thousands of hours of video.
Create Reports For Timely Information Sharing
TAC-MAAS accelerates the generation of mission presentations, efficiently condensing hours of flight time into minutes of actionable intelligence using highlight videos, snapshots, map chips and annotations.
Facilitate Training And Mission Lessons
Imagery from every mission can be returned for assessment and training purposes, used for informing new arrivals and ensuring valuable field experience doesn’t disappear with every troop rotation.
Ensure Retention Of Video Evidence
Keep video and metadata from every mission in long-term storage for on-going investigations, event and location crossreferencing and legally mandated archiving requirements.
- Facilitates detailed forensic analysis
- Enables identification and reporting of geo-coordinates
- Strengthens collaboration and access to mission-sensitive information
- Scales to meet operational needs
- Intuitive interface fast tracks operator training
- Internationally available
TAC-MAAS Data Sheet
Standards Compliance STANAG 4609 / NGA Motion Imagery Standard Profile (MISP) compliant, including:
Standards 0902, 0601, 0102, 0604, 0903 and EG 0104
ESD Carried in Closed Caption fields (Line-21)
Video Formats AVC (H.264) Base, Main & High Profile
HEVC (H.265) Main and Main 10 Profile (2018 roadmap)
MPEG-2 Main and 4:2:2 Profile
Audio Formats MPEG-1 & 2 Layer-I and II
Image Formats BMP, PNG, PPM, TIF, JPEG, NITF 2.1 System Requirements Windows® 7, Windows 8, Windows® Server 2008 or Windows® Server 2012
Graphics cards must support OpenGL® version 1.5. (NVIDIA® cards recommended)
RAM Needed: 8GB minimum
Playback View up to 9 video channels in multi-display* Recording & Storage
Record up to 30 HD video streams simultaneously per server*
mIRC chat ingest
Archive stores up to 100,000 hrs of video data
Automated Target Detection Automated Target Detection (sold separately)
* Depending on hardware