The World's Most Widely Used Encryptor Manager
GEM™ X Encryptor Manager allows users to centrally manage a network of TACLANE® network encryptors locally or remotely, regardless of the location of the devices. This remote management capability not only saves significant time and money, but also decreases the risks associated with having to have personnel physically present to manage and configure the devices in forward deployed locations. GEM X is standards-based, easy-to-use and install, and does not require additional software or licensing making device management and configuration simple.
Generic Discovery Server
GEM X uniquely provides automatic device discovery capabilities through the Generic Discovery Server (GDS) which eliminates manual configuration and operator error, reduces time getting online and going secure, increases network efficiency, and provides optimal routing and redundancy.
- Manages up to 1,000 TACLANE encryptors
- One manager for all IP encryption needs
- Automate encryptor provisioning and monitoring
- Facilitate delivery of configuration, key, and firmware over the network to one or more ECUs
- Upload, download, and clone ECU configuration
- View graphical encryptor network map
- Generate reports (Queries, Event and Audit logs)
- Role based access control (admin, controller, monitor)
- Up to 12 managers can be defined
- Remote INE monitoring and configuration
- Operating Systems: Windows® XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server
- Easy to install: no additional software or licensing required
Automatic Device Discovery Capability
The Generic Discovery Server (GDS) capability allows a HAIPE® device to be automatically discovered on the network. The GDS registers each new HAIPE on the network in a database that can be used by peer HAIPE devices to locate each other. Whether you are managing a large network or mobile HAIPE devices, the GDS provides significant benefits:
- Eliminates manual configuration and operator error
- Simplifies large/remote network configuration
- Reduces time to get online and go secure
- Increases network efficiency
- Provides optimal routing and redundancy
GDS, in combination with GEM X, provides a complete management solution- both device discovery and management. GDS comes bundled with GEM X and is also available as a stand alone product for GEM X Lite users. The ability to host both GEM X and GDS on the same platform with a single fronting device saves costs as well as administrative labor.
TACLANE, Sectéra, vIPer and GEM X are trademarks of General Dynamics. HAIPE and FASTLANE are trademarks of the National Security Agency. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners.
|GEM X Datasheet||View Document|
|PC/Windows Configuration||OS Supported: 32-bit Windows® XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003, or Server 2008 R1; 64-bit Windows 7, Server 2008 R1, Server 2008 R2
2 GB RAM
2 GB available space on hard drive
CD drive for installing GEM X software
CD-RW, disk or tape drive for archives and backups
Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00 GHz (2 CPUs) or equivalent
Monitor with minimum supported resolution of 1024x768
|COTS Software Installed by GEM X||BRASS version 188.8.131.52 (SNMP service — 32-bit Windows)
BRASS version 184.108.40.206 (SNMP service - 64-bit Windows)
BRASS version 220.127.116.11 (SNMP service — Solaris)
|COTS Software Installed by GDS||Java™ Runtime Environment v1.6.0_18
Java Cryptography Extension v1.6.0-RC
|Fronting Encryptor||TACLANE® R3.x fronting TACLANE IP networks|
|Management Protocol||SNMPv1 and SNMPv3|
|Interoperability with Encryption Devices||TACLANE Classic & E100
TACLANE-GigE 3.1 or higher
TACLANE-Mini 3.1 or higher
TACLANE-Micro 3.3 or higher
Sectéra® vIPer™ Phone 1.2 or higher
|Classification Level||Software and documentation are unclassified
Manage encryptors at any level up through TS/SCI
Network workstations are classified at the same level as the network
|TACLANE Encryptors||Manages up to 1,000 Devices
Eases HAIPE® v4 Transition
Easily Configure, Monitor and Upgrade Devices Remotely
View and Retrieve Audit Logs
Query Event and Audit Data
|Sectera vIPer Universal Secure Phone||Discover Phone IP Address
View and Change Network Settings
View and Change Phone Settings
View Software Version
|Planned Enhancements||Support for KMI OTNK (KMI Aware INEs) and Classified DGSK|
|GEM X for Windows||Release||Operating System|
|GEM X||4.1.7||Windows 2003 Server; Windows XP (SP2); Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows Server 2008|
|GEM X Lite (free)||4.1.7||Windows 2003 Server; Windows XP (SP2); Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows Server 2008 R1|
GEM X Lite
GEM X Lite is provided free of charge with the purchase of a TACLANE encryptor. GEM X will manage up to 25 TACLANE encryptors at a time. Customers that require expanded management capabilities should contact their INFOSEC Account Manager.
To receive your FREE GEM X Lite software, please use this form.
Non-U.S. Customers Only: Please do not submit your request for GEM X Lite through this web site. Contact TL Upgrade via telephone (781) 455-5559 or email email@example.com for assistance in obtaining GEM X Lite which is controlled by the U.S. Government’s International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) and requires an export license unless an ITAR exemption is applicable.
24/7 Customer Support
You are never alone when you partner with General Dynamics to secure your critical information. With over 200,000 deployed NSA-certified encryptors worldwide, General Dynamics is committed to support our customers worldwide with a 24/7 technical Help Desk.
Help Desk — Contact our technical Help Desk 24 hours a day/7 days a week: 877-230-0236
- Product Update Notifications — Sign up to receive technical bulletins, upgrade notices and other important product information automatically via E-mail.
- Warranty Status — Enter the serial number of your encryption device to find out the date your warranty or maintenance expires.
- Depot Status— Track your encryptor through the depot.
- Order Status — Track the status of your orders.
- TACLANE Trade-In Program — Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an RMA
- Software Requests— Request TACLANE, GEM and training software
TACLANE® Encryptor Training
The TACLANE encryptor Operator Training course is a hands-on, four day course offered in both our Scottsdale, Ariz., and Linthicum, Md., facilities. The course combines classroom presentations and hands-on-exercises designed to teach you how to install, configure and maintain the TACLANE- family of encryptors in a practical operational environment. The course also includes a complete module of training on the GEM X encryptor manager. For more information please visit our TACLANE training homepage.