Systems Software Developer
- Fairfax, VA, USA
- Required Clearance
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Minimum of 6 years related experience.
- Technical Skills: REST APIs with Flask, Flask-RESTPlus, Python, SQL programming language, HTML/CSS/Bootstrap, Cloud infrastructure automation i.e. Terraform or CloudFormation, Git Version control system with Jenkins integration.
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
An active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Systems Software Developer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
As a Systems Software Developer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to work with analysts and data scientists to convert web applications prototypes and work across multiple projects to deploy data analysis tools as Flask-based web applications. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Fast moving, collaborative environment that brings innovative solutions to national security challenges.
- Responsible for working with analysts and data scientists to convert web application prototypes and python notebooks into enterprise solutions that can be used by our customer base.
- Deploying solutions in the cloud in a scalable and maintainable way.
- Work across multiple projects to deploy data analysis tools.
- Maintaining web applications and assisting with the maintenance of these applications once deployed.
Experience with AWS i.e. EC2, RDS and S3, Front-end development framework i.e. React or Angular JS, nginx and uWSGI configuration and deployment.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran