High school diploma or GED. Must have experience following detailed work instructions. Successful completion of a drug screen and background check is required.
Department of Defense "Secret" security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
****MULTIPLE OPENINGS AVAILABLE - Starting at $20.12Hr + $500 Sign on Bonus
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Storekeeper in our Marion, VA location. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Essential duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- General cleaning of assigned building areas.
- Performs necessary housekeeping and cleaning duties to maintain clean production rest rooms and break areas.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, strip, and wax floors.
- Cleaning and disinfection of restroom surfaces (partitions, mirrors, counters, fixtures, etc.)
- Cleaning and disinfection of break room surfaces (tables, counters, appliances, seats, etc.)
- Replenish supplies to assigned areas (paper products, sanitizer, etc.)
- Removal of trash from assigned areas.
- Clean up of spills with appropriate equipment.
- Keep cleaning supplies in stock.
- Notify supervisors or managers of needed repairs.
- All work to be done in compliance with EPA, Hazmat and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, safety, quality, operational procedures, adhering to state and federal regulations.
- Must wear any required PPE.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Must be willing to work some weekends and/or varied shifts.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain secret clearance
- Ability to manage your work time efficiently.
- Able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies.
- Able to use basic cleaning equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Understanding and rigidly adhering to detailed procedures per work instructions
- Written and verbal communication
- Blueprint interpretation
- Computer equipment operation
- Safety Policies and practices
- House Keeping practices
- Prolonged standing with bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds while utilizing correct lifting techniques and applicable safe work practices.
Target salary range: USD $20.12/Hr. - USD $22.35/Hr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran