Supply Chain Specialist
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience is required.
Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Responsibilities for this Position
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
As the Supply Chain Specialist, you’ll support proposal activities with creative solutions to meet program needs and requirements, by reviewing and analyzing purchase requisitions, coordinating purchasing activities with internal partners to acquire products and services in a cost effective and timely manner and processing purchase requisitions, purchase orders, purchase order revisions, and requests for quotes to suppliers. Working as part of the proposal evaluation team, we’ll rely on you to perform price analysis for materials, components, equipment and services, monitor costs, schedule and scope of assigned procurements to negotiate highest quality at best value and identify new suppliers as required. You must be able to work and succeed in a fast-paced, deadline driven procurement/proposal environment while demonstrating strong presentation, communication, team building and leadership skills.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Clear understanding of procurement practices and principles, including quality processes, counterfeit parts, and other compliance requirements such as federal, state, Federal Acquisition Requirements/DFAR, and local laws
- Solid analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly understand the ERP/MRP systems and apply procurement strategies
What sets you apart:
- Superior attention to detail skills
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Professional acumen and general business awareness
Target salary range: USD $59,300.00/Yr. - USD $64,100.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran