Supplier Quality Engineer
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related Science or Mathematics field. Also requires 2+ years of job-related experience or a Master's degree.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will design, implement and maintain quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into finished products. With a clear understanding of engineering methodologies, tools, and standards, you’ll have the opportunity to design methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products.
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field, or equivalent experience is required
- Clear understanding of quality or mechanical engineering methodologies, tools, and standards
- Clear understanding of AS9100, ANSI, EIA, etc.
- Ability to clearly recognize and report information relevant to sound quality engineering design
- Skills to review relevant inspection/measurement tools and techniques
- Experience in Supplier Quality
What sets you apart:
- Outstanding communication skills to work proactively with a project team
- Ability to interpret drawings and review documents, drawings and instructions for conformance to requirements techniques
- Experience in First Article Inspection
Duties and Tasks:
• Designs, implements, and maintains quality assurance protocols and methods
• Designs methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products
• Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary
• Reviews Documents/Drawings/Instructions for conformance to requirements
• Compares defects against standards and recommends dispositions, and verifies implementation of rework
• Collects, organizes and analyzes project data, generates and/or reviews metrics
• Performs audits, assigns corrective action, and verifies implementation
• Participates in project reviews and meetings including technical design reviews, technical peer reviews
• Verifies compliance to defined requirements
• Witnesses and or monitors test activities
• Interfaces with various engineering disciplines, manufacturing, program management, andother quality personnel
• Contact with project leaders and other professionals within the Engineering,Manufacturing and Quality departments
• Travel may be required
• Security clearance may be required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Clear understanding of quality or mechanical engineering methodologies, tools, and standards
• Good proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Creative thinker
• Clear understanding of interpretation of mechanical drawings
• Clear understanding of use of relevant inspection/measurement tools and techniques
Target salary range: USD $73,400.00/Yr. - USD $81,500.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran