High school diploma or GED with one year of manufacturing experience preferably in a stockroom environment. Must have experience following detailed work instructions. Successful completion of a drug screen and background check is required.
Department of Defense "Secret" security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
****MULTIPLE OPENINGS AVAILABLE - Starting at $20.12Hr + $500 Sign on Bonus
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Storekeeper in our Marion, VA location. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Essential duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office and able to learn in-house database
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, and issuing of various raw, semi-processed, and finished items both inbound to and outbound from various stockrooms
- Responsible for storing items in an orderly fashion
- Records transactions, checks load lists, and maintains accurate inventory records
- Investigates discrepancies and shortages in the production environment
- Unload parcel post, express, and quantities of freight
- Responsible for the physical inventory of tooling
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding and rigidly adhering to detailed procedures per work instructions
- Written and verbal communication
- Blueprint interpretation
- Computer equipment operation
- Safety Policies and practices
- House Keeping practices
- Prolonged standing with bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds while utilizing correct lifting techniques and applicable safe work practices.
Target salary range: USD $20.12/Hr. - USD $22.35/Hr. Note: The compensation information listed is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran