High school diploma or GED, with one year work experience within a manufacturing environment. Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
****MULTIPLE OPENINGS AVAILABLE - Starting at $20.12Hr + $500 Sign on Bonus
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Shelter Fabricator. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Essential duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Perform all tasks involved in the fabrication of engineered rigid wall structures with a high degree of quality under rigid inspection requirements requiring close tolerances
- Fabricate panels, attach thermal barrier to extrusions, shape honeycomb, verify shelf life and out times, apply core splice and adhesives, position components, assemble, press and bend to specification
- Drill holes, place inserts, countersinking, install bushings, rivets, fasteners, and debur
- Install various attachments and hardware to core box including lift rings, bumpers, drip caps, ladder brackets, steps, feet, hinges, and doors
- Apply caulk and polysulfide to seams
- Apply touch-up paint, install floor covering, tunnels, shelves, brackets, name plates, and related hardware
- Install sound coating, generator rack, air conditioning and evaporator units, raceways, and electrical wiring
- Inspect work, verify dimensions, check tolerances with calipers, pin gauges, squares, and scales
- Accurately record process data on router
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding and rigidly adhering to detailed procedures per work instructions
- Computer equipment operation
- Written and verbal communication
- Safety policies and procedures
- Interpret sketches, drawings, and blueprints
- Housekeeping practices
- Use of hand tools to include feeler gauges, micrometers, tape measures, power saws, grinders, sanders, air drills and brushes, screwdrivers, pliers, and hammers
- Prolonged standing with bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds while utilizing correct lifting techniques and applicable safe work practices.
Target salary range: USD $20.12/Hr. - USD $22.35/Hr. Note: The compensation information listed is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran