Basic QualificationsBachelors degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: [Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire.] Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Imagine a world-class engineering environment. Now add a team of exceptional talent along with technologies that are so advanced they’re often classified. That’s what you’ll find at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you’ll lead amazing engineers as they invent the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, it’s time to bring your talent to General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
As a Senior Manufacturing Material Planning Specialist, you’ll utilize your skills and talents to represent the production and material planning function on assigned program teams. Essentially, you’ll compile and monitor monthly material activity within the material planning system. You’ll also prepare material forecasts as requested and interface periodically with supply chain or suppliers on delivery issues and problem resolution.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's Degree
- An exceptional understanding of bill of material concepts and methodologies
- Solid understanding of the proposal process for material estimating
- Extremely proficient with material planning tools
What sets you apart:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Advanced Excel skills
- Planning experience in MRP (Material Resource Planning) or ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems
- Experience with IFS (Industrial & Financial Systems) a plus