Senior Advanced Field Technician
Associate’s degree in related discipline and 5 years of related experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nation’s service members, intelligence analysts and first responders. That’s the challenge that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
With a distinct understanding of technologies associated with supported systems, you’ll perform field activities associated with installing, maintaining, integrating, troubleshooting, testing and servicing of fielded systems/products at technical/regional support centers, with little oversight or direction. As the Senior Advanced Field Technician, we’ll expect you to reset equipment by disassembling, cleaning and reassembling with replacement parts, if necessary. You’ll also diagnose mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures. From day one, we will count on you to lead a team that helps General Dynamics lead the world.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often classified
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Associate’s degree in related discipline and 5 years of related experience
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
Duties and Tasks:
- Perform field activities associated with installing, maintaining, integrating, troubleshooting, testing and servicing of fielded systems/products at technical/regional support center sites
- Reset equipment by disassembling, cleaning, reassembling, with replacement parts if necessary
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures
- Communicate with field-based technicians for details helpful to failure diagnostics or repair, and has direct contact with customers on a daily basis Monitor each repair/reset to ensure contractual turn around times and quality control guidelines are met
- Experience with operation of maintenance test equipment and troubleshooting/repairing weapon system faults and anomalies is desirable
- Experience with fiber optic data collection systems is highly desirable
- Electro-Mechanical Team, Missile Operations, or Technical Engineering experience is highly desirable
- Experience operating Windows-based computer systems and Microsoft Office programs is desired
- Possess a current drivers’ license and be physically capable of operating larger vehicles for extended trips
- Experience with hazardous winter driving conditions preferred
- Must be able and willing to relocate every year. The HSEP field team rotates yearly between assignments based out of Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls Montana, F.E. Warrant AFB in Cheyenne Wyoming, and Minot AFB in Minot North Dakota.
- Prefer candidate to have experience with REACT console startup and operation, SACCS, and MEECN radio systems is also highly desirable
- Prefer candidate to have working knowledge of electronic principles and the Minuteman weapon system and experience using electronic test equipment, probes, meters and data collection systems is desired
- Prefer candidate to possess at least 2 years’ experience in Minuteman maintenance or operations to include LF pen & back out, LF/LCC start up and shut down and on-site coding operations
The physical requirements for the position include:
- Must be able to be on their feet for extended periods of time while setting up equipment, etc.
- Must be able to carry/set up heavy equipment and raise/lower that equipment with a rope or hoist
- Must be able to work in small, confined areas requiring twisting and occasionally crawling or laying on floor
- Must be able to operate larger vehicles with manual transmissions for extended periods (hours)
- Must be able to climb 40’ ladder at LF many times a day
- Must be able to climb 60’ ladder at LCC if elevator fails or in an emergency
- Must be able to climb steep stairs to gain access to equipment trailers
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
As a contractor to the Federal Government, General Dynamics Mission Systems must comply with the federal mandate requiring our workforce be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by January 4, 2022, with only very limited exceptions for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.