- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- Required Clearance
- Secret, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
- Program/Project Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- GPS Source
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years relevant experience; or a Master's degree.
Candidates must be able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- 2+ years of Project Management experience
- Familiarity with product design and project management methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present material in a clear and concise manner
- Availability to travel to customer locations (within the US), frequency estimated to be 4 trips per year
- Proficient with building a budget and schedule using Microsoft Project and identifying a critical path
- Candidate already has or is able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Excellent Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Outstanding relationship management and leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate Technical understanding of product(s)
- Proficient knowledge of work estimating, allocation, scheduling, and authorization
- Ability to use proposal plans and strategies to implement executable, cohesive program plans
- Ability to develop and implement a product-oriented WBS and WBS Dictionary
- Proficient ability to lead teams in a matrix organization to achieve schedule, cost, and technical performance objectives
- Ability to make sound, proactive decisions
- Familiar in the development and implementation of product/project strategy and tactics
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Responsibilities for this Position
GPS Source, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), is a world class innovator and manufacturer of high quality, high performance position, navigation and timing (PNT) technologies for demanding defense and commercial markets. We currently have a need for a Project Manager, supporting our southeast Colorado Springs, Colorado location.
The Project Manager shall facilitate communication and cooperation amongst the assigned Project Team Members of each R&D development project, or Customer contract. A Project Manager is the focal point of the development team and is responsible for ensuring that all project tasks are completed on time, within budget, and that the projects achieve the requirements in accordance with company priorities and the Product Requirements Specification. A Project Manager accomplishes this responsibility by promoting communication amongst project team members, communication with the Program Manager, Program Management Office Director, communication with the Director of R&D and adherence to the Product Realization Process (PRP).
A Project Manager shall plan, coordinate, and guide project team activities to accomplish project schedules, budgets, and performance objectives. A Project Manager is responsible for planning and tracking cost, schedule and performance attributes and for reporting this information to the Program Manager and the Program Management Office Director. A Project Manager shall perform Risk Management of engineering projects, identifying risks and working with the Project team to develop and execute mitigation plans.
A Project Manager shall ensure that all project deliverables are signed and submitted to the Program Manager and Project Associate for final review and delivery to the customer. A Project Manager must understand the requirements and expectations of each customer deliverable, and clearly relay the objectives to the Project Team. A Project Manager will ensure that all products developed under the Product Realization Plan meet the criteria of each phase, and provides input for the Milestone documentation that is necessary to comply with AS 9100 standards. For development under a customer contract, the Project Manager will understand the technical objectives of the Program and be able to clearly communicate them between the Program Manager and the development team.
A Project Manager displays exceptional initiative and takes complete ownership of assigned efforts and organizes a plan to successfully execute all aspects of past, current and future work needed to be completed within the Program/Project constraints, with minimal direction from the Program Manager.
A Project Manager shall demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while executing all Program Management Office procedures and processes through the utilization of efficient and effective Time Management and Organization skills.
- Identify resource requirements, shortages or concerns, and report resource status to the Program Manager
- Track resource assignments, hours and tasks by project
- Coordinate internal resources with the Program Manager to mitigate resource allocation issues
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget based on strategic company goals and priorities as directed by the Program Manager and the Program Management Office Director
- Develop and track a detailed schedule and budget for each assigned project
- Report Project status to the Program Manager and Director of the Program Management Office via Quad chart and Burn Rates
- Perform detailed Risk Management, identifying Risks and working with the Program Manager, R&D Director and Project Team for mitigation
- Manage impacts to Project based on changes to the project scope, schedule, and budget
- Manage the creation and publishing of all project documentation in accordance with Product Realization Process
- Adherence to the Program Management Plan (PMP) and Common Process Framework (CPF) - which sets forth minimal requirements for Project Management Expectation
- Adherence to the Product Realization Plan (PRP) – a document that lays out the AS 9100 Quality Engineering process
- Ensure all project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately in corporate documentation system
- Hold regular status meetings with project team members, Program Manager and the Program Management Office Director
- Assign and track Project team action items and enforce action item due dates
- Review and approve Meeting Minutes from Business Function Associate before submittal
- Utilize available communication tools (web pages, instant messaging, charts, graphs, presentations)
- Lead and coordinate cross functional team members toward a common goal
- Create and execute project work plans and welcome changes as appropriate to meet evolving needs and priorities
- Oversee the management of day-to-day operational aspects of all projects and communicating hand-off between team members
- Coordinate and interface as the single point of contact for all internal aspects of a Project
- Organize and review customer deliverables prepared by team before passing to Program Manager for signature
- Ensure project team members are effectively applying GPSS methodology and project standards
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Ensure compliance to all project requirements
- Develops WBS and WBS dictionary as baseline for scope definition and effective integrated cost/schedule management of the project
- Authorizes the work, organizes interdepartmental activities, and tracks work accomplished to baseline plans to ensure rate of work completion is sufficient to meet schedules
- Conducts reviews to drill down into issues on products/projects, identify risks, develop corrective actions, and communicate issues, impacts and corrective actions to project teams
- Supports Program Manager on customer questions regarding the project/product(s) Cost/Schedule/Performance
- Balances product/project plans, risks, and opportunities with executable strategies to meet technical requirements and budgets
- Identifies scope changes and develops product/project positions for equitable cost and schedule adjustments
- Responsible for tracking Project costs and providing a monthly report to the Program Manager for invoicing
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced degree in engineering, business, management or equivalent
- PMP certification
- Experience with electrical engineering, PCB, CBA design, software development and manufacturing
- Systems Engineering Background
- Experience working with Government contracts and Deliverables
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran