Production Supervisor _ 1st Shift
- Required Clearance
- Secret, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Candidates must be able to obtain a Department of Defense issued SECRET clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor, 1st shift, in our Marion, VA location. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
This position will work 1st shift.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
•Member of operations team related to business area, project or strategic activities
• Leads a group of team members within a formal work break down element of a larger program or leads a group of team members on a small program within the department
• Manages overall task according to business/project requirements, policies and procedures
• Works with other team members to establish measurements, monitor performance, establish processes and procedures
• Must be able to plan and track schedules, financial/budget data, and staffing requirements
• Performs analysis of work flow/load balancing and take appropriate action
• Effectively resolves conflict of personnel within team per company policies
• Supports employee development and performance management of employees
• May perform duties and responsibilities of control account manager (CAM)
• Take ownership and assume accountability on assigned tasks
• Regular communications with senior members of internal team
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrates planning and execution skills in support of projects or teams
• Demonstrates a high degree of skills and innovation in resolving business or project related issues
• Demonstrates use of influence skills to meet objective of team or project
• Ability to adjust individual and team activities to changing conditions
• Understanding of team roles and responsibilities
• May require proficient understanding of earned value tools and preparation of variance analysis reports (VAR)
• Proficient ability to develop and analyze schedule and critical path
• Understanding of business environment and how team or project support division/company goals
• Proficient skills in budgeting, planning, problem solving and cost analysis
• Understanding of manufacturing technology and tools and their impact on efficiency, cost and quality
• Effective communication skills (verbal, written)
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran