Operations Project Manager - Manufacturing- (Onsite)
- Marion, VA, USA
- Required Clearance
- Secret, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Remote Option
- On-Site Full-Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business or Technical) or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nation’s service members, intelligence analysts and first responders. That’s the challenge that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
Utilizing your exceptional communication skills, you’ll correspond with customers regarding contracts, schedules, invoicing, warranty work and technical information to communicate the status of the project, cost, schedule, and quality metrics. As an Operations Project Manager, we’ll depend on you to support customers from the order entry process, through engineering and production to shipment and final installation. You’ll conduct meetings with operations personnel to drive schedule commitments and complete job requirements, in order to gather the information relative to the status of the manufacturing project, and to coordinate work order creation. It’s a challenge that will put your talent in the spotlight.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often classified
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business or Technical) or the equivalent plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Experienced with Government Contract and Earned Value Management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Superb leadership and presentation skills
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Ability to plan, schedule and execute work from the proposal phase through the manufacturing phase
- Ability to track work accomplished to baseline plans and identify issues, track progress, and follow through on effective corrective actions based on data analysis and trends
- Shows initiative on assigments, exercises independent judgement, and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Ability to stay calm in a high-pressure atmosphere
Target salary range: USD $80,000.00/Yr. - USD $87,000.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran