Manufacturing Operations Supervisor
- Marion, VA, USA
- Required Clearance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Remote Option
- On-Site Full-Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Imagine a world-class engineering environment. Now add a team of exceptional talent along with technologies that are so advanced they’re often classified. That’s what you’ll find at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you’ll lead amazing engineers as they invent the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, it’s time to bring your talent to General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
As a member of the Operations team, the Manufacturing Operations Supervisor will lead a team within a formal work break down element of a larger program or lead a group of team members on a small program within the department. You’ll manage overall tasks according to business/project requirements, policies and procedures and work with other team members to establish measurements, monitor performance, establish processes and procedures.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent experience plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations
- Ability perform analysis of work flow/load balancing and take appropriate action
- Ability to plan and track schedules, financial/budget data, and staffing requirements
- High degree of skills and innovation in resolving business or project related issues
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Fully proficient understanding of earned value tools and preparation of variance analysis reports (VAR)
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
Target salary range: USD $98,200.00/Yr. - USD $106,300.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran