High school diploma or GED with one year work experience within a manufacturing environment. Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.
Department of Defense "Secret" security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems is hiring an hourly Maintenance Associate to join our maintenance team in performing installation, repairs and preventative maintenance on industrial facilities and production equipment at our manufacturing plant in Marion, Virginia.
Essential duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Ability to drive grounds equipment such as dump trucks, mowers, tractors, forklifts, trash trucks, etc.
- Refuel vehicle and check oil as needed.
- Removal and haul trash from the site.
- Perform snow removal as needed.
- Mow grounds as needed.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on grounds equipment and facilities.
- Inspect vehicles daily for damage or maintenance problems.
- Follow all state and national driving safety regulations and standards.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, safety, quality, operational procedures, adhering to state and federal regulations.
- Must be willing to work some weekends and/or varied shifts.
- All work to be done in compliance with EPA, Hazmat and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Actively participates in process improvements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must possess a valid and current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B
- Ability to drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) over 26,000 pounds.
- Proficient at driving, maneuvering, and parking large vehicles.
- Must have a clean driving record with no recent moving violations.
- Skilled in the use of hand tools.
- Principles of mechanics (coupling, shaft alignment, bearings, gears and lubrication).
- Ability to operate powered industrial mobile equipment (forklifts, carts, etc.).
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Prolonged standing with bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds while utilizing correct lifting techniques and applicable safe work practices.
- Understanding and rigidly adhering to detailed procedures per work instructions
- Written and verbal communication
- Blueprint interpretation
- Computer equipment operation
- Safety Policies and practices
- House Keeping practices
- (MULTIPLE OPENING'S AVAILABLE)
Target salary range: USD $21.16/Hr. - USD $23.51/Hr. Note: The compensation information listed is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran