Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION WITH THE CANDIDATE IDEALLY BEING WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE OF MARION, VA TO GO IN AS NEEDED. WE ARE OPEN TO SOMEONE NEEDING TO FLY IN AS WELL.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
The responsibility is career-defining. So is the opportunity. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we invent the technologies, products and services, that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is so advanced, our teams regularly redefine innovation and excellence for the world. If you’re looking for a challenge, you’ve just found it.
The Finance Manager plays a key role in securing our business financial viability. The team this individual manages prepares, analyzes, and evaluates GDMS business information, including budgets, forecasts, pricing, planning and control. The Manager also interprets and summarizes data to report on current performance and determine future financial expectations. It is up to this individual and their team to identify business opportunities, recommend investments, track trends, and understand and explain government requirements and industry regulations.
This position is required to provide leadership of the Program Finance function supporting the Airborne Composites segment within the Maritime & Strategic Systems (M&SS) LOB.
This position will report to the Senior Finance Manager - ACS and will partner with the Business Area Director to achieve/exceed BA financial objectives for Orders, Revenue, Earnings and Program Investment.
Demonstrate leadership qualities consistent with the General Dynamics leadership model including:
- Develop yourself
- Develop others
- Be a team player
- Communicate effectively
- Confront reality
- Build relationships
- Shape culture
- Deliver on commitments
- Think strategically
- Take risks
Provide information and decision support analysis for program financial performance management, revenue recognition, reporting and forecasting throughout the contract life cycle. Lead a staff of financial analysts in support of the following:
- Revenue recognition, EAC analysis, earnings and booking rate reviews
- Program budgeting and forecasting to include Orders, Sales, Earnings and Program Investment
- Contract Cost Reporting (Internal/External)
- Program Investment Analysis
- Contracting Funding and AWAR's
- Orders and Backlog reviews
- Project Setup and charge number authorizations
- Invoicing and collections support
- Provide ad hoc support to BA Director to include development of internal BA program performance metrics and Ops Review packages
- Provide as hoc proposal support to include development of Financial Management Review packages for submission to GD leadership
- Support customer meetings and program reviews to evaluate program progress
- Ensure financial compliance with GDMS policies and support internal and external audit requests
- Government Contracting experience strongly preferred
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran