Fabrication and Repair
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent, with one year manufacturing experience is required. Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
****MULTIPLE OPENINGS AVAILABLE - Starting at $20.12Hr + $500 Sign on Bonus
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for Fab & Repair in our Marion, VA location. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Trim laminated composite parts using trim fixtures, cutters, sanders, and routers to ensure proper dimensions
- Apply taper to edge
- Perform assembly and detail operations procedures including drilling, reaming, counterboring, countersinking, installing hinges, placing inserts, deburring, installing bushings and huck or pop rivets, fasteners, and related hardware
- Apply solvent to clean stiffeners and apply promoter to prevent rust
- Bond through the use of screws and adhesives, detail components including ribs, stiffeners, and intercostals, to larger components such as doors to fabricate aggregate part
- Complete repairs of finished parts including cutting down or building up to proper thickness
- Inspect work, verify dimensions, tolerances with calipers, pin gauges, angles, and scales
- Record process data on router accurately
- Replace rivets and make stems flush
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding and rigidly adhering to detailed procedures per work instructions
- Written and verbal communication
- Interpret sketches, drawings, and blueprints
- Use of hand tools including feeler gauges, micrometers, tape measures, band saws, grinders, sanders, air wrenches, screw drivers, pliers, hammers, chisels, assorted wrenches, and related tools
- Operation of material moving equipment
- Computer equipment operation
- Safety policies and procedures
- Housekeeping practices
- Prolonged standing with bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds while utilizing correct lifting techniques and applicable safe work practices.
Target salary range: USD $20.12/Yr. - USD $22.35/Yr. Note: The compensation information listed is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran