Electrical Engineer - Circuit Card Design
- Required Clearance
- Secret, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Remote Option
- On-Site Full-Time, Hybrid (Part-Time Remote)
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 5+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 3 years of job-related experience.
Candidates must be able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time after hire, with acceptable timing determined by manager. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
Your talent will be put to a world-class test as you participate in electrical requirements analysis and definition, functional analysis, performance analysis (e.g. timing, power, etc.), design, integration and verification of electrical components, equipment and systems. The Electrical Engineer - Circuit Card Design also plans and leads electrical engineering root cause analysis as well as develops and presents electrical requirements and results to internal management and our customers.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Solid use of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Proven knowledge of electrical engineering processes and design tools
- Solid circuit board/card design skills
- Ability to travel as needed
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Effectively handle complex assignments independently or in multiple work groups
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to project leaders, program manager and customers
Target salary range: USD $117,850.00/Yr. - USD $130,000.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran