High School Diploma or equivalent is required with minimum of 1 years of relevant experience. Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
****MULTIPLE OPENINGS AVAILABLE - Starting at $20.12Hr + $500 Sign on Bonus
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Electrical Assembler in our Marion, VA location. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions
- Reads work orders, assembly drawings, schematics, work instructions and other mfg documentation
- Utilizes soldering irons and various small hand tools to install components and parts such as switches, coils, transformers, relays, transistors, capacitors, resistors, and other semiconductor circuits on circuit boards and/or other units
- Routes and attaches wires and connectors to form circuitry and connects sub-assemblies
- Attaches hardware where needed
- Examines parts for defects
- Replaces defective components and wiring
- Completes appropriate paperwork and computer transactions necessary to finish work assignments
- Repairs defective units
- Provides input for Engineering Change Requests, as required
- Navigates Local Area Network and ERP system to gain necessary information to complete work assignments
- Works with Quality Control and/or Engineering to help trouble shoot problems as they arise
- Receives verbal instructions regarding work assignments
Essential duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Ability to solder using a stereo microscope
- Ability to interpret basic documents, work instructions, BOM’s, and schematics
- General communication skills, both written and verbal
- General computer skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to exhibit adaptability/flexibility
- General Knowledge of IPC-A-610 a plus
- Experience with Lead free soldering a plus
- Prolonged standing with bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds while utilizing correct lifting techniques and applicable safe work practices.
Target salary range: USD $20.16/Hr. - USD $23.51/Hr. Note: The compensation information listed is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran