- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- Required Clearance
- Secret, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- GPS Source
Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, System Engineering or a related discipline is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
Candidates must be able and willing to obtain Department of Defense Secret security clearance within a reasonable amount of time after date of hire. An active Secret clearance is highly desired. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
GPS Source, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of GDMS, is a world class innovator and manufacturer of high quality, high performance position, navigation and timing (PNT) technologies for demanding defense and commercial markets. Our tight knit product development team needs an Embedded Products Build & Test Automation Guru (DevOps), who is an expert in DevOps and custom embedded systems to help design, deliver and support first-to-market PNT solutions. This position will be located in our new facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado location (near I-25 and Circle Drive).
As a DevOps guru, you will play a key role in delivering world-class secure, resilient PNT products and solutions. Our product development team consist of hardware, software, and systems engineering teams, each focusing on a specific set of components and services, in the areas of communication, device integration, and assured PNT services. The successful candidate will be responsible for fostering the growth of a DevOps culture across all engineering teams. It’s your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you’re ready to lead the world.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret! (security clearance process after hiring)
- Products that are literally protecting lives around the world
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
- A fast-paced product development environment
What you bring to the table:
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing plans for Continuous Integration for both software and hardware systems
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing developmental value streams in order to identify areas for improvement and/or automation
- Hands-on experience with setting up and managing a DevOps infrastructure, including automated build, integration, VMs and test tools
- Proficiency with maintaining best-practice environments of physical and virtual systems
- Proficiency in installing and managing systems, applications and environments and ensuring those systems comply with government security standards (Windows, Linux, and embedded systems)
- System Administration experience from hardware to applications
- Strong current DevOps Administration (GitLab, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, TestComplete, and others)
- Knowledge of backup systems, risk management, and data recovery
- Knowledge of Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes a plus
- Knowledge of VDI, ESXi (VMware) a plus
- Experience building hardware test fixtures and using equipment to test embedded firmware (O-scope, JTAG, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with individuals with a varying level of technical skillBachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, System Engineering or a related discipline is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
What sets you apart:
- Experience applying DevOps concepts to embedded software and hardware products.
- Experience programming and scripting in languages such as C, Python, Ruby, Bash, and Perl.
- Experience developing and debugging diagnostic tests, especially in the context of systems running embedded firmware on custom hardware running Linux or an RTOS.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a high-performance team
- Metrics driven, uses telemetry data to anticipate problems and take appropriate preventative actions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills from a variety of viewpoints
- Takes initiative in proposing ideas, soliciting input, and optimizing solutions
- Ability to multi-task, attentive to detail, and strong motivational skills
- Early adopter of new technology and processes, willingly considers new ideas & perspectives
- Proficient in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Subject matter expert in researching and troubleshooting complex technical issues
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran