CNC Machine Operator
High school diploma or GED, with one year work experience with CNC equipment in a manufacturing environment.. Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.
Department of Defense "Secret" security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
****MULTIPLE OPENINGS AVAILABLE - Starting at $20.65Hr + $500 Sign on Bonus
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a CNC Machine Operator. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Essential duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Operates CNC Machines
- Ability to complete machining operations from blue prints and drawings
- Must be able to perform work in tight tolerance parts
- Sets up CNC machines and makes adjustment
- Forms and shapes material
- Operates lathes, drill presses, mills, routers, grinding machines, duplicating, and profile machines, brakes and shears
- Operates light duty bench or floor machine tools equipment such as lathe power mills, extruding machines, drills or punch presses, power brakes, shears or saws
- Sets up machines and makes adjustments and performs maintenance on machines
- Checks work using prescribes gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances
- Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- May provide direction and/or train less experienced employees
- Ability to read and follow instructions including blue prints
- Strong interpersonal skills to cooperate and work effectively with others
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Good leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi task
- Able to use mechanical hand and simple power tools
- Must be able to use measuring equipment and work under limited supervision with no instructions needed on routine work
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding and rigidly adhering to detailed procedures per work instructions
- Written and verbal communication
- Blueprint interpretation
- Computer equipment operation
- Safety Policies and practices
- House Keeping practices
- Grinding Machines
- Prolonged standing with bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds while utilizing correct lifting techniques and applicable safe work practices.
Target salary range: USD $20.65/Yr. - USD $22.94/Hr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran