High school diploma or GED. One year work experience with CNC equipment in a manufacturing environment.
Candidates must be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense SECRET security clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a CNC Machinist_ 2nd Shift. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
* This is a 2nd shift position*
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Associates degree or equivalent is preferred
- Operates CNC Machines
- 3-5 years or related experience is required
- Ability to set up CNC Mill (3-4 axis is required)
- Ability to complete machining operations from blue prints and drawings
- Must be able to perform work in tight tolerance parts +/-.0005
- Sets up CNC machines and makes adjustment
- Forms and shapes material
- Operates lathes, drill presses, mills, routers, grinding machines, duplicating, and profile machines, brakes and shears
- Operates light duty bench or floor machine tools equipment such as lathe power mills, extruding machines, drills or punch presses, power brakes, shears or saws
- Sets up machines and makes adjustments and performs maintenance on machines
- Checks work using prescribes gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances
- Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- May provide direction and/or train less experienced employees
- Ability to read and follow instructions including blue prints
- Strong interpersonal skills to cooperate and work effectively with others
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Good leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi task
- Able to use mechanical hand and simple power tools
- Must be able to use measuring equipment and work under limited supervision with no instructions needed on routine work
- Solid working knowledge and operation with CNC Fadal, Haas, and Brother Machines.
- 5-Axis CNC Mill
- CNC Lathe
- Prototype/Tool Making
- Conventional Mill/Lathe
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran