Advanced Quality Engineer
- Marion, VA, USA
- Required Clearance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Remote Option
- On-Site Full-Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related Science or Mathematics field. Also requires 5+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 3 years of job-related experience.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nation’s service members, intelligence analysts and first responders. That’s the challenge that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
We seek an experienced Advanced Quality Engineer to design, implement and maintain quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into finished products. Utilizing your knowledge and experienced you’ll have the opportunity to design methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Fully proficient knowledge of engineering (i.e., software, electrical, systems, etc.) methodologies, tools, and standards
- Fully proficient knowledge of ISO 9001:2008, CMMI, ISO 14001ASME, ANSI, EIA, etc.
- Fully proficient knowledge of use of relevant inspection/measurement tools and techniques
What sets you apart:
- Outstanding communication skills to work proactively with a project team and interact with project leaders and other professionals within Engineering and Operations departments
- Ability to think creatively and multi-task to complete projects on time
- Solid skills in reviewing documents, drawings and instructions for conformance to requirements techniques
Target salary range: USD $103,000.00/Yr. - USD $110,000.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran