Advanced Electrical Engineer
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 5+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 3 years of job-related experience.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
We are looking for engineering talent to join our expanding technical team in the development of next generation radomes and RF sensor integration technology for advanced military and commercial
aircraft. This role will perform a variety of electrical engineering tasks related to design, development,
and research that will elevate the state of the art in performance while maintaining the practical aspects of manufacturing that have been the hallmark of Marion’s leading position in the airborne industry since the birth of the industry. We will consider talented applicants with relevant academic and/or employment experience related to the duties listed below. Multidisciplinary background, such as composites, servo motion control, and materials are a definite plus. This position will require US
citizenship for consideration and will require security clearance. Current US security clearance is a plus.
Electromagnetic Design & Analysis:
- Radome and antenna design and performance evaluation, including signature control
- Simulation code development & commercial code (HFSS, CST, FEKO) application
- Dielectric material measurement – dielectric constant and loss tangent.
- Radome wall measurements – transmission and reflection.
- Radome acceptance testing: transmission, beam deflection, polarization effects, null depth, radiation pattern.
- Test system design and implementation.
- Support development of new materials and processes (e.g., additive manufacturing)
- Evaluate RF performance impact of repairs and manufacturing tolerances
- Opportunity to lead small teams on tasks, offer electrical design support for projects and to interface with customers.
- Bachelor of science in electrical engineering or physics with emphasis in electromagnetics.
- US Citizenship
- Excellent teamwork and personal skills, ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary
- Demonstrate personal initiative & ownership, recommend alternative solutions when
- Masters or Ph.D. in electrical engineering with focus in analytic & numerical
- Current or previous security clearance – SECRET & above.
- Previous work experience in design and measurement of radomes or the related fields of antennas, microwave networks, or optics.
- Laboratory experience with RF test equipment and techniques.
- Experience with RF test ranges for antennas/radomes/RCS evaluation.
- Familiarity with composite and additive manufacturing techniques.
- Marion is nestled in the Virginia Highlands, abounding in beautiful countryside. State parks in all directions, it is an outdoor paradise for anyone who enjoys camping, hiking, fishing, kayaking, hunting, and/or just the simple pleasure of being outside amongst natural beauty. The Appalachian Trail runs through town and Mt. Rogers is an easy daytrip.
- Big city attractions are at a comfortable distance. Blacksburg, VA, Charlotte, NC, Knoxville, TN, and Bristol Motor Speedway are all within a two-to-three-hour drive.
- The small size of Marion yields shortened commute times. In-town commutes average around ten to fifteen minutes. Nearby towns, such as, Abingdon and Wytheville provide increased housing options while maintaining a benign commute of less than an hour.
Target salary range: USD $102,218.00/Yr. - USD $113,432.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran